The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

benroy

Subscriber Member
"To-may-to" or "to-mah-to"..pics 1,2: .OM-D with 45 macro-Elmarit...last pic with Olympus 45/1.8 wide open in weak light...remarkable!

Roy Benson

Last edited:

jonoslack

HI Maggie
I hope it goes really well.

in the meantime - with the 35-100

Coming up from Under - Matty and Caspar

Maggie O

Thanks, Jono!

The opening was the biggest and most successful in the gallery's history, but a week later the owner fired the gallery staff and is turning the space into a bar. No good deed...

kweide

tight view
( Yes, OMD makes studio work easy and comfortable )

Olympus E-M5 + Summilux 25, noNR
ISO200 @ f3.5, 1/160 second, 25 mm focal length​

Knorp

"To-may-to" or "to-mah-to"..pics 1,2: .OM-D with 45 macro-Elmarit...last pic with Olympus 45/1.8 wide open in weak light...remarkable!

Roy Benson
Try this "Toe-mah-ten" and you're speaking Dutch ! No kidding !

Pretty sharp pictures Roy and I hope the tomatoes taste as good as they look :)

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: we Bostonians pronounce them "tomayderrs".

More leaves with the 60/2.8 Olympus macro lens...becoming the "leaf lens"...taken just before the lawn maintenance guys came and blew them all away...please forgive the repetition, but I think they make lovely, swirling images.

Leaf me not into temptation...I will produce no more...beleaf me.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Every Thursday trash from landscaping is put out for pick-up.
45/1.8 Olympus lens on OM-D...flat light from overcast sky...another remarkable Olympus lens.

Last edited:

Knorp

Every Thursday trash from landscaping is put out for pick-up.
45/1.8 Olympus lens on OM-D...flat light from overcast sky...another remarkable Olympus lens.
Hi Roy,

it seems like you're having a ball with this 45/1.8 !
I like this shot.

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart. There is a great array of outstanding lenses available for the OM-D...and the 45/1.8 should go right near the very top of the list...but I have been fooling with the 20/1.7 pancake and may have a contender for the top grouping.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

jonoslack

Lovely shots
Mike you're railing shot is tooooo good to be true - fantastic.
Roy - I love the tomatoes (in England we can both spell and say it properly).

I've been having fun with zoom lenses (trying to avoid buying the 75 f1.8). Here it's springtime!

12-35 f2.8

12-35 f2.8

14-150

14-150

14-150

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono,
Your photos don't show up on my monitor. Might be because they're not taken with the 75mm :ROTFL:

Edit: They finally decided to become visible. Is it the tiny, f/2.8 aperture that make them load slowly? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono,
Your photos don't show up on my monitor. Might be because they're not taken with the 75mm :ROTFL:

Edit: They finally decided to become visible. Is it the tiny, f/2.8 aperture that make them load slowly? :rolleyes:
Hi Jorgen
I did some side by side comparisons with the 45 f1.8 and the Elmarit 90 on the M9 today. . . . I'm afraid my resistance to the 75 is crumbling daily.

Tell me I should wait for the black one!

all the best