The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Knorp

Two Landscapes and a tulip . . . all with the 75 f1.8 (it really is lovely - how do I stop myself buying the 12!!!!)
I'm with Jørgen: "Quiddenham" is really :thumbs:.

My copy of the 12 showed, what I thought, such crazy distortion it was way beyond my correcting capabilities. So I exchanged it for the 12-35.
But it's a lovely, very sharp, tiny little lens otherwise.

Kind regards.

jonoslack

I'm with Jørgen: "Quiddenham" is really :thumbs:.

My copy of the 12 showed, what I thought, such crazy distortion it was way beyond my correcting capabilities. So I exchanged it for the 12-35.
But it's a lovely, very sharp, tiny little lens otherwise.

Kind regards.
Bart, Jørgen - thank you for the kind words.
Especially thanks to Bart for saving me from an indiscretion - the 12-35 is fine at 12, it may not be quite as good as the Zuiko, but it's a close run thing. Added to which it has so many other talents, and I already have it!.

So to celebrate I took it out this morning and took a few snaps with it. We've had our sunshine for the day (and anyway, I should be working).

So these three are with the 12-35.

Egsses

Nettles

Marsh Marigolds? hmm yellow flower!

scott kirkpatrick

I'm quite enamoured of the Olympus M43, but stopped short of getting the 12 (eff 24) because Roger Cicala's review at LensRentals said it fell short of the quality of the telephotos. So why would I need this when I have 21, 24, and 28 mm lenses with incredible bite to use on another full-frame camera. Plus my E-PL5 lends itself to shooting fast, composing around the center of the frame and taking advantage of AF. That's not the way to use a wide angle lens.

BTW, Olympus just announced a $100 rebate if you purchase an E-P5 body and VF-4 electronic viewfinder. The rebate form isn't available yet, the email said it could be downloaded in mid-May. Shipment date for both of these now reads June. I don't know if the rebate applies only if you buy from Olympus or if you can purchase from your usual supplier. I would expect the latter.

scott

raist3d

The 75mm F1.8 is one of the best lenses you can buy in m4/3rds imho. After using the Pentax FA 100WR (150mm equiv also) for a bit of a while, I decided this is a focal length I would get if I was buying m4/3rds.

- Ricardo

benroy

Subscriber Member
Out on the dawn patrol (7:30 AM) with Olympus 60/2.8 macro lens.

Pic 1: air plant. Pic 2: large lizard lives in trees...turns bright green in bright sun. Pic 3: red reflector. Pic 4: not the numbers, but the color that got my attention.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

kweide

Concentration .... before the dance begins
( from my new indian dance series )

Olympus E-M5 + M.Zuiko 60 Macro, noNR
ISO320 @ f2.8, 1/160 second, 60 mm focal length​

kweide

Test the expression
( from my indian dancer series )

Olympus E-M5, M.Zuiko 60mm Macro, noNR
ISO200 @ f2.8, 1/160 second, 60 mm focal length​