The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Brian Mosley

Ian, that is quite a wonderful photograph. Thank you for sharing - I don't see any limitation with your chosen kit here.

Kind regards

Brian

Elderly

Thank you Brian.

Regarding sharing images; this is the first forum I've come across that makes me feel I would like to do so.
I'm also rather comforted by Jack's 'On making images' article, as although I'm confident with my ability to capture a situation with the camera, I'm not at all confident with grasping computer skills (I blame it on my age ;) ) BTW what approx. size of images should I be posting here?

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Yes, this is a bit of an oasis to me too Ian, generally gifted photographers being friendly and civil :)

Personally, I go for 1200 pixels widest, 1024 tallest although there are no rules I'm aware of. Your choice above works fine for me.

Kind regards

Brian

Elderly

Okay ....... 1200 pixels wide & a random 300 KB- here goes:
Not the 'trunk' you first associate with an elephant :D

I think I will have to find and revive the 'Fun with the Fuji S5Pro' thread soon.

f6cvalkyrie

The first day of winter was a lovely, sunny day in Brussels, so we went for a walk in the park ...

E-M5 with the still very useful 14-45 Panasonic kit lens

C U
Rafael

mazor

I wouldn't mind a 25mm f1.4 summilux myself, if I did not get the EM1 with the 12-40 kit lens. I find myself really enjoying the 12-40mm range, and the focus tracking and speed is really quite impressive.

I am thinking of getting a 75mm f1.8 in the not too distant future as it is a lens that is not covered by the 12-40 range, just waiting to see if there are any second hand deals or sales coming up.

mazor

impressively close up of your cat Maggie O! The focus engine on the olympus really does it's job well especially when it comes to eye tracking :)