The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

chrism

It must be silly season here. Actually it's pouring with rain and I could only get out for a brief walk today. So the mind turns to stupid stuff....like what if I took the prism off a Visoflex so it wouldn't catch on the Olympus 'prism', attached it with an M-lens adaptor to the E-M5, locked up the mirror in the Visoflex and then did something really silly like adding a 560mm Telyt? Imagine—a 1120mm equivalent in 35mm! The first two photos are taken through a rain covered window and show the view with the 12-50 kit lens set at 25mm to give a normal lens field of view (sorry for the light reflection on the window), and the second is the 560mm. Might have been less blurred if I'd thought to use the self-timer as I don't have the cable release.

and finally the whole set-up:

Lunacy!

Chris

k-hawinkler

It must be silly season here. Actually it's pouring with rain and I could only get out for a brief walk today. So the mind turns to stupid stuff....like what if I took the prism off a Visoflex so it wouldn't catch on the Olympus 'prism', attached it with an M-lens adaptor to the E-M5, locked up the mirror in the Visoflex and then did something really silly like adding a 560mm Telyt? Imagine—a 1120mm equivalent in 35mm! The first two photos are taken through a rain covered window and show the view with the 12-50 kit lens set at 25mm to give a normal lens field of view (sorry for the light reflection on the window), and the second is the 560mm. Might have been less blurred if I'd thought to use the self-timer as I don't have the cable release.

and finally the whole set-up:

Lunacy!

Chris

Thanks Chris. Lovely! Here is my old setup for taking pictures of Hummingbirds. :D

mbroomfield

I keep an EM5 for backup and severe weather, but decided to get an EM1 recently and convert the EM5 to IR at some point. I took the EM1 over to the UK for Christmas and it served very well. I was only stuck in rain once though :eek:
Photos with the 12-40 pro and a 90/2.5 Tamron Adaptall 2

Some Isambard Kingdom Brunel stuff ... Clifton Suspension Bridge, Templemeads railway stn and the SS Great Britain

f6cvalkyrie

From a walk around the lake, today ...

E-M1 with 12-40/2.8 and some PP to prove to my wife that the weather was fine ;)

C U,
Rafael

chrism

This was actually taken about three weeks ago, when the rivers were freezing over. They're solid now.

OM-D E-M5, 12-50mm kit lens:

Chris

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

I got myself (yet another, says my wife) new lens, from a Chinese manufacturer.
The lens is called Venus, it's a 60/2.8 macro lens, capable of 2:1 reproduction.

These are a few first shots with the e-m1

(1:2)

(almost 1:1)

C U,
Rafael

jonoslack

Hi There
Well, after spending time fiddling about with other cameras I finally got my E-M1 out of moth-balls again and took some shots . . . it really is a delight to use, and the lenses are just . . lovely.
Today I went out with the 75 f1.8 and the 12-40. . here are some snaps..

Matty with the 75 f1.8

The Look Look with the 75 f1.8

Poison with the 12-40

Reluctant Model with the 75 f1.8

Pencils with the 12-40

Contemplation with the 75 f1.8

Knorp

I got myself (yet another, says my wife) new lens, from a Chinese manufacturer.
The lens is called Venus, it's a 60/2.8 macro lens, capable of 2:1 reproduction.

These are a few first shots with the e-m1

Excellent results, Raf !

Kind regards.​

jonoslack

Chickens don't really have Characters. Well, at least, if they do you don't want to know about them.
Whatever, it seemed to me to be a good challenge to try and do some character studies with chickens when the sun came out this afternoon. All of the pictures are taken with the Zuiko 40-150 f2.8 (what a lens)

Here are the results:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Jono,

maybe chickens don't have characters, but your shots of them do ;)

Maybe this is also to a small part because of the equipment you used ....

Peter

Annna T

Chickens don't really have Characters. Well, at least, if they do you don't want to know about them.
Whatever, it seemed to me to be a good challenge to try and do some character studies with chickens when the sun came out this afternoon. All of the pictures are taken with the Zuiko 40-150 f2.8 (what a lens)
I added a like ! I don't particularly like hens, but your pictures are great : you are doing wonder with that lens.

Did you also get the 1.4 TC ? When you order it with the lens, you get it at half price, while without the lens it get very pricey. So I ordered the lens + TC already before Christmas, profiting that there was 10% off on all Olympus products at my favorite online seller.. This made for a very good price, but I'm still waiting for that combo.. Delivery has shifted and it is now supposed to arrive in mid February. Patience.. Patience.. I think that the TC aren't yet available, or are they ? May be a marketing trick of Olympus to sell their stuff more expensively at impatient photographers.