The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

scho

A windsurfer shot with the E-M5II+40-150 Pro. Raw was processed in both C1 and LR and both show same weird OOF artifacts in the background. Look at buildings along the shoreline behind the surfer in full size image. Is this IBIS at work?

Knorp

A windsurfer shot with the E-M5II+40-150 Pro. Raw was processed in both C1 and LR and both show same weird OOF artifacts in the background. Look at buildings along the shoreline behind the surfer in full size image. Is this IBIS at work?
Hi Carl,

I think what we're seeing here is due to the air above the lake.
It's the heat or moisture or a combination of the two creating these artifacts or disturbances.
Look at the surfer and notice everything is just tidy and sharp.
Nothing wrong with your IBIS, I'd say.

Kind regards.

scott kirkpatrick

Hi Carl,

I think what we're seeing here is due to the air above the lake.
It's the heat or moisture or a combination of the two creating these artifacts or disturbances.
Look at the surfer and notice everything is just tidy and sharp.
Nothing wrong with your IBIS, I'd say.

Kind regards.
I agree. You can check with the first frame (the .ORI shot) to eliminate the HR as a source. Also the image is crisp above as well as below the waterline.

Now we have to wait for the first $1000 camera to offer adaptive optics that cancels atmospheric turbulence. I am sure it won't take long...

scott

scho

I agree. You can check with the first frame (the .ORI shot) to eliminate the HR as a source. Also the image is crisp above as well as below the waterline.

Now we have to wait for the first $1000 camera to offer adaptive optics that cancels atmospheric turbulence. I am sure it won't take long...

scott
I agree also, but I'm curious that this only happens when I'm using the 40-150 lens. This was a hand held shot in normal mode, so no ORI to check.

PeterB666

I don't fully understand the practices of farming. This is a photo weighing part of a bull using Archimedes principle of displacement. Don't ask why as I cannot answer the question.

A load of bull 2_S
by Peter, on Flickr

Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8

Knorp

Hi Peter,

all I know about farming is what is in my fridge ... :eek:
However, I suppose this mysterious ritual is to measure the volume of the bull's ... errh ... :rolleyes:
And then the bigger the better ?

Kind regards.

scott kirkpatrick

Since I don't think the objects in the cup would float, this is a way to measure their volume, not their weight. But was this a contest of some sort? And what awesome amount won it?

scott

PeterB666

Since I don't think the objects in the cup would float, this is a way to measure their volume, not their weight. But was this a contest of some sort? And what awesome amount won it?

scott
The object does not float and yes, it measures the displacement of water and then this is converted to a weight, 0.8L was deemed to be 0.8kg. To me there is a flaw in the process as does not float and it would mean the jewel box is denser than the water being displaced.

It was a contest but what struck me was the pot used for the water had an integrated spout and seemed perfectly sized to maybe this process is more common than you expect.

I seem to recall the prize was a small packet of chocolates and the closest guess was 855 - presumably grams although not noted.

There was some dispute to this as the process also involved the weighing of 2 bulls (one of which was 855 kg) and only one person had put down a weight for the jewels due to confusion on if it was part of the guessing competition.

Anyway, the judge made the call and the prize awarded.

scho

Getting the summer swimming hole below lower Enfield Falls ready for the season. Lifeguard and diving platforms are freshly painted and ready to install, steps below waterline are white washed, and dam boards are going in to create the pool.
All handheld with the E-M5II+12-40 Pro.

A handheld 3 shot pano of the falls.