The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Knorp

I have not had the 60mm Macro out since last year, so I thought I should dust it off and give it some use today.:)
You really ought to do that more often, Paul.
Dusting off that is ... :p
Just kidding, that 60 macro is quite spectacular !

All the very best.

scott kirkpatrick

Our daughter just graduated from high school. They end the year not with caps and gowns and a procession but with a really bang-up musical variety show ( and an all-night after-party). Sight lines from deep in the parents' seats in a shallow slope auditorium were pretty bad, so we went up to a side balcony with the E-M1 and 75/1.8. Pretty much everything was shot at ISO 800 and f/1.8, and shutter speeds were high. Here are a few highlights from the album:

P6111075

P6111152

P6111242

P6111340

This next number makes no sense unless you know that they are singing a well-known song describing in detail the heroic (and very bloody) battle of Ammunition Hill and the Hebrew word for "ammunition" sounds a lot like the word for "examination," an activity that has consumed the year just past:

P6111357

P6111410

scott

Craftysnapper

One from Sunday at Avoncroft, this young lady was kind enough to pose for me and wait while I attached my 75mm f1.8 portrait lens, she showed great patience for a old man like me.:)

Knorp

One from Sunday at Avoncroft, this young lady was kind enough to pose for me and wait while I attached my 75mm f1.8 portrait lens, she showed great patience for a old man like me.:)
I'm sure you took all your time, Paul ;)
But she's a gorgeous young lady !

All the very best.

jonoslack

Lots of lovely shots Julian - I just love the boats and the flower shot with the 75 f1.8 - I must dust mine off and get it going again.
Bart, your macro stuff is lovely as always - especially the thorn and the Allium above.

I've been away in China without my E-M5ii - Emma however fell in love with her brand new E-M10 (mostly with the 14-150 zoom).

Back home now - here's a shot with the Leica 50 APO summicron (well it needed to be tried!).

Brian Mosley

Bart, I think the bird has cleaner feet ;)

Actually, your challenge took me to this post on dpreview which points out the greater detail one can achieve (only noticeable at 100% magnification) by shooting at ISO 100 rather than ISO 200... I had a look at the comparometer on imaging resource and it does look evident (for those of you with fighter pilot eyesight lol)

Kind regards

Brian