The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

scott kirkpatrick

High Tatra in the fog

Taken with OM-D M5 II and the 12-40/2.8 lens

P8190549 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

P8190566 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Scott

PS: I've posted 64 MPx high res pictures from this camera in the past, but now for some reason it will not enable the High Res mode. It just says that mode is OFF, no matter what buttons I push. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas of what possible conflict might arise with some other setting??

Annna T

Re: High Tatra in the fog

PS: I've posted 64 MPx high res pictures from this camera in the past, but now for some reason it will not enable the High Res mode. It just says that mode is OFF, no matter what buttons I push. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas of what possible conflict might arise with some other setting??
That is a good thing ! Imagine if every one was posting 64mb pictures in a thread with more than 50 pictures ! Plus it would be useless because the pictures get downsized anyway. Problem : the downsizing occurs on everyone's machine so everyone download the whole pictures (takes eons) and then has to wait for the downsizing (lot of time again if you are using a tablet instead of a computer)

The correct way to show full res pictures is to upload them elsewhere on the web and provide a link along with the downsized pictures.

BTW : Those are very nice pictures. I like them both.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: High Tatra in the fog

That is a good thing ! Imagine if every one was posting 64mb pictures in a thread with more than 50 pictures ! Plus it would be useless because the pictures get downsized anyway. Problem : the downsizing occurs on everyone's machine so everyone download the whole pictures (takes eons) and then has to wait for the downsizing (lot of time again if you are using a tablet instead of a computer)

The correct way to show full res pictures is to upload them elsewhere on the web and provide a link along with the downsized pictures.

BTW : Those are very nice pictures. I like them both.
I've switched some time ago to posting originals at high resolution on Flickr and letting Flickr provide the option of clicking a second time to show the larger image after first showing a downsized one. And my "originals" are always 1/4 size unless there is some reason (as with 64 MPx shots) for providing all the data. Because of Flickr's bizarre and complex access policies, I am not sure that this really works. It works for me, but I put them there. Does this work for others viewing?

scott

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Panorma with the E-M5.2

Spissky Pohradie, seen from the walls of its 12th-17th century castle, Hrad Spiss. Eastern Slovakia.

P8260966 Panorama by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Click thru on this reduced version to see a larger version. If Flickr isn't sending out the full original panorama (5 shots with the 12-40/2.8 at 25 mm), then you can see the 1/4-sized original here.

scott

ripcurl1169M

Oly 7-14mm PRO 7mm F22 ISO200 with EM5 MARK II

- - - Updated - - -

Oly 7-14mm PRO 7mm F2.8 ISO200 with EM5 MARK II

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

f6cvalkyrie

the Royal Chapel and Church in Waterloo, Belgium (yeah, that's where Napoleon Bonaparte was beaten in 1815 ...)

All with E-M1 and Samyang 7.5/3.5 lens

C U,
Rafael