The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Annna T

Re: Atocha Station, Madrid

Esoteric doesn't mean exotic.

Exotic is synonym of far away countries and different cultures. An exotic rise for instance can bring you to the Far East.

Esoteric has something to do with what is paranormal, with the art of divination, with satanism, spiritism and all that, etc..

I admit however that for a rational person, esoterism may be the colm of exoticism :eek:

This station, created for high speed steam trains, now houses a tropical garden, and in it, restaurants and an "Exotic Faire:"

PA080440 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Atocha Station, Madrid

Esoteric doesn't mean exotic.

Exotic is synonym of far away countries and different cultures. An exotic rise for instance can bring you to the Far East.

Esoteric has something to do with what is paranormal, with the art of divination, with satanism, spiritism and all that, etc..
:eek:
You're right, of course, my translation was sloppy, but the range of esoteric beliefs supported in this little market was extraordinary, and some were quite exotic. I was unable to achieve any photos of auras, but several booths were active in that area as well.

I didn't include them as pictures, but there were several booths offering extensive libraries of black magic and paths to satanic powers...

scott

Craftysnapper

The Only thing that has changed to autumn is small solitary cherry tree in the garden.

Had a play finding different angles and lighting on the leaves for a half hour,it was a interesting exercise.:)

All taken with the Olympus E-M5mk2 and the 40-150mm kit lens.

Reason for Editing:

dhsimmonds

Final flight of the British Nuclear Bomber of the Cold War era, as she flew over Southern England directly over Middle Wallop airfield. Avro Vulcan XX558 was on her very last public tour before retiring to become a static display. Her mighty bomb doors are seen wide open as she did her characteristic very steep banking 360 degree turn over the airfield. Although built as a nuclear deterrent,Vulcan's never dropped a bomb in anger until required to bomb the British Falkland Islands only runway during the brief occupation by Argentina. Sunday 11th October 2015, an elderly gentleman standing next to me had earlier mentioned that he was an ex-RAF Navigator who flew on this very aircraft in 1969. I did note that he wiped a few tears from his eyes as XX558 turned for Old Sarum airfield which was her next waypoint on this tour.
EM-1 with 40-150 Pro lens

Attachments

Last edited:

mediumcool

John at lunch in Chinatown

Panasonic G3 Sigma 30mm 1/400 f/2.8 ISO 200

Wrong area! How can I delete this?

Last edited:

Knorp

Ian, there should have been option to delete your post !
Select [Edit Post] and then you'll find [Save][Go Advanced][Delete][Cancel]
Not sure though for how long this option is available after posting.

Kind regards.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Groups

unposed, one shot, our living room:

PA170537 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

with M5 Vii, ~14mm, and a little fill flash from the jelly-bean unit that came in the camera's box.

Another group, not far away:

L6003907 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

(this one belongs in a different forum, but they are all twittering over something that won't be a mystery in a few more days. No one there has time for pictures.)

scott

Craftysnapper

Lest We Forget

it's getting close to Remembrance Sunday a composite of four of my images put together. One of them (the british tommy) is from the E-M5 so I guess it counts.:)