The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

neilvan

A couple of birds from today...

Duck Yoga?

E-M1/40-150 Pro

Hoping to get this Rufous in better light...

E-M1/40-150 Pro

scho

Geese flying north. Sign of an early spring or just wishful thinking and foolish geese? E-M5II + 12-40 Pro.

Annna T

What a nice shot Annna. And I like the weater the way it is. :)
Thank you !

That's because i cheated : i added some contrast and some blue to the sky and i brightened the shadows on the city buildings.

With a true blue sky the birds would stand out better.

May be i will get it better another time. But this occasion was really rare because the swarm landed right on my roof, so when they departed they were well positionned.

BTW they make an incredible noise when they land and stamp on the roof. When they arrive, i close my window out of fear : they are so numerous that it is really like in the Hitchcock movie.

scho

We took a ride up along the east shore of Cayuga Lake to the Mackenzie-Childs facility, just north of the village of Aurora, NY. The buildings, grounds and products that they craft all have an Alice in wonderland feeling. If they would paint the brick road that winds through the property yellow the picture would be complete. All shot with E-M5II and 12-40 Pro.

Entrance to the main office, shop, and studios.

View to the studios behind the duck pond.

The old farm house (now offices) with Cayuga Lake in background.

The residence (elaborate barn) for sheep, geese, and peacocks.

Some of the residents sunbathing out back.

Took a peek through a window in the old tea house (now storage) to see some of the products.

and an old hardware store in Aurora that has seen better days long ago.

Last edited:

biglouis

^^^^ Alpine Choughs ^^^^

Well worth viewing on Flickr and seeing the large size. Super captures and great location. Well done.

LouisB

Annna T

Thanks for the kind words BigLouis and Marlof.

Those are "from my windows" shots. Next October there will be ten years that I live in this home, but I'm still taking pictures of the castles and the city.. Each time I see some interesting light or some little event, I run upstairs to take a few shots of that postcard view. Different seasons, different weather, different parts of the day.. It is incredible how much variations one can find in the same place.

I could design a book only with those pictures of the two castles and may be get rewarded by the tourist office ;) . There is an album showing a few ones in my Flickr account : https://flickr.com/photos/43837038@N02/sets/72157662351955853

I try to refrain posting too many shots of the same scene here, not wanting to bore others with my obsession.

Last edited:

scho

A few walkabout shots along the partially frozen lakeshore with the E-M5II + 20mm f/1.7 Lumix (original version). Trial ON1 free plugin processing.

marlof

I try to refrain posting too many shots of the same scene here, not wanting to bore others with my obsession.
I like different shots of the same scene, it adds to the understanding of the effect of the circumstances. Keep them coming!