The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

f6cvalkyrie

Last weekend ... in Ostend, Belgium

main beach and sculpture "dancing waves"

Lost Seamen monument and art installation "Rock Strangers" by Arne Quinze

Both pictures with E-M1 and 12-40/2.8

CU,
Rafael

Annna T

A revisit of the late neolithic archeological site of Petit-Chasseur in Sion

Petit-Chasseur, Sion - 20160429_453a7r2i by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

It is not the first time that I photographed that archeological site : I like how it is involved in a very mundane environment, a public square located between a school and a few apartments houses. You can see the preceding pictures in a Flickr album entitled "historic sites" here : https://www.flickr.com/gp/rrr_hhh/27DR02

Michiel Schierbeek

The daily migration of the alpine choughs

The alpine choughs live high in the mountains, above the tree lines. But in winter they fly down in the valley daily looking for food. They come in the morning and return where they live when they are sated, before sunset.

Olympus OM-D E-M5II with 40-150mm F2.8 @75mm
The daily migration of the alpine choughs - 20160226_082em52i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

They come everyday and I observe them since a few years, hoping they would swirl around the two castles. But they follow the thermic currents and are usually attracted elsewhere. Finally this morning the swarm was flying right where I wanted.. alas, the weather wasn't as collaborative as usual. I didn't get our usual clear blue sky, nor the morning sun lighting the buildings of the city. So the result isn't yet there..

Olympus OM-D E-M5II with 40-150mm F2.8 @40mm

A swarm of alpine choughs swirling above Sion and the Castles - 20160226_074em52i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
Amazing picture Annna! I think the sky and the Alpes are in beautiful contrast with the birds. Very nicely layered image. :thumbs:

Annna T

Amazing picture Annna! I think the sky and the Alpes are in beautiful contrast with the birds. Very nicely layered image. :thumbs:
Thank you Michiel for the kind words. I exposed for the sky and snowy mountains, but as a result the city was very dull and dark. I could lift the shadows quite a bit and played with the WB warming the buildings but keeping the sky and mountains blue with the brush tool. The result came out more pleasing than it was in reality.

And thank you for selectively adding likes for the other pictures.

neilvan

-

Had another bear come up behind me while out for a walk this morning...

All captured with an E-M1/40-150 Pro

I found this little Canada Goose gosling a little less intimidating (even with its parents threatening me :D ).

And a little splash of colour from a local botanical garden...