The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First I ever heard of this lens

V

Vivek

I have one as it was originally made and unlike the modified one for sale.

It is a C-mount lens with very short back focal length (not 17.5mm) and about 10mm image circle at infinity.

Yes, reversed, it makes one sharp macro lens.

RichA

I have one as it was originally made and unlike the modified one for sale.

It is a C-mount lens with very short back focal length (not 17.5mm) and about 10mm image circle at infinity.

Yes, reversed, it makes one sharp macro lens.
I love these kinds of things. The Nikon Ultra micro lenses were some of the sharpest lenses ever made. But when they do show up, they are in the thousands of dollars.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/RF-Nikkor/Micro_RF/index2.htm

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Rich,

This would give you more authentic information:
RED BOOK NIKKOR AID INTERNATIONAL-ENGLISH

Unwittingly, I might have contributed to the extra orbitant prices.:eek:

I asked Akiyama to translate his site in to English (it was only in Japanese at that time) when I was looking for information on a 55/2 Ultramicronikkor (micro and not macro) that I bought from a local shop. Interestingly, they had advertised this lens in a local (Dutch) camera magazine for some years. I was the only one who took the bait and bought it (11 years ago?).

There is a local Nikon shop that had a "museum" (probably still has). Full of unbelievably rare and esoteric stuff like made for NASA gear and such, including the never heard of 50mm f/2 UV Nikkor.

Needless to say, my interests and pursuits have changed radically over the years.

Anyone wants >1,000 lp/mm Zeiss/Nikon lenses, drop me a line or look at a WTS post I made a while ago.

RichA

Rich,

This would give you more authentic information:
RED BOOK NIKKOR AID INTERNATIONAL-ENGLISH

Unwittingly, I might have contributed to the extra orbitant prices.:eek:

I asked Akiyama to translate his site in to English (it was only in Japanese at that time) when I was looking for information on a 55/2 Ultramicronikkor (micro and not macro) that I bought from a local shop. Interestingly, they had advertised this lens in a local (Dutch) camera magazine for some years. I was the only one who took the bait and bought it (11 years ago?).

There is a local Nikon shop that had a "museum" (probably still has). Full of unbelievably rare and esoteric stuff like made for NASA gear and such, including the never heard of 50mm f/2 UV Nikkor.

Needless to say, my interests and pursuits have changed radically over the years.

Anyone wants >1,000 lp/mm Zeiss/Nikon lenses, drop me a line or look at a WTS post I made a while ago.
I can't imagine anything on that list going for less than $1000.00. Be interesting to see how some of them behave on the new 36mp D800E.

V

Vivek

The price is subjective. A Nikon 45mm f/2.8 AiP ("only 10,000" ever made) is listed for $700.

How much one would pay for a Repro Nikkor 85/1 (less than 100 odd ever made?)?

BTW, they do very well on the D800E.

Some here Nikongear.com (subscription required to see the "premium boards"!) show images made with such esoteric Nikkors.