The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A new lens: Schneider Super Angulon 14/2

V

Vivek

With an estimated price of US $1900/-, it would be interesting to know what the Schneider group has in their vision for this lens.

Knorp

Hmm.. that would be an aluminized plastic like the Sony NEX lenses. It does not look like a metal bodied lens, Bart.
Mmm I think you're right, Vivek. Indeed it has that plastic-like shine to it.
Okay then, no problemo - I'll stick to the Oly 12/2.0, that is, whenever it becomes available again.

Like the E-M5's spare battery this lens too is scarce as hen's teeth ... :cussing:

All the best.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
With an estimated price of US $1900/-, it would be interesting to know what the Schneider group has in their vision for this lens.
According to some posters at dpr, only idiots will buy it :loco:
On the other hand, if I had sufficient funds available, I would have been tempted :rolleyes:

etrigan63

According to some posters at dpr, only idiots will buy it :loco:
On the other hand, if I had sufficient funds available, I would have been tempted :rolleyes:
I'm with you Jorgen. I'm saving up my pennies for this lens and its stablemates. While there is absolutely no data about the lens other than the name, specs and whatever was included in the press release (not a lot, believe me), some pundits are calling this lens an "autofocus Summicron". I have always considered S-K lenses to be on par with Leica, and considering that a 28mm f/2 Summicron costs $4295 USD, I'd say this is bargain priced at $1800 USD.