The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M/Contax/Hexanon lens adapters for the G1

Martin S

I emailed Robert White (dealer for Rayqual adapters), and inquired if they would be selling an adapter for G1 to Leica M, Contax, or Hexar RF.

They said NO.

Do any of you know of any other source (UK or US or anywhere else) for these adapters??

I have several Leica M lenses, and the Hexanon f 1.2 lens, and I would love to use them on a digital body like the G1.

Thank you.

Martin

V

Vivek

The G1 is not available yet. I plan on cobbling up an adapter to to use M lenses and LTM lenses plus others.

I will post any results here when I have them.

Martin S

Vivek-

Pardon my American form of english. Does cobbling up mean that you will build said adapters????

Martin

V

Vivek

Martin, Yes. It is going to be rough to start with. I am keen on putting the Canon 50/0.95 and a Tegea 9.8mm f/1.8 lenses to use on the G1.

There are also a few other special lenses that have very short back focus (and Ultramicronikkor 55/2, CRT-Nikkor 55/1.2, an UV-Planar 62/2) that need a proper sensor.

These are going to be only for my personal use though.

PS: Confession: I have basement full of esoteric lenses (lost count).

Last edited:

Martin S

I saw this web site yesterday. Anyone know who might be selling this adapter???

I already queried Robert White ( they sell some Rayqual adapters already), and they said no.

Does anyone know any other dealers????

This combination could be interesting if the EVF is adequate for manual focussing.

Martin

s.agar

What is G1?
I used to have a Contax G1 in the past. I also have the full set of lenses, which were extremely good. That the only G1 I know.

picman

I emailed Robert White (dealer for Rayqual adapters), and inquired if they would be selling an adapter for G1 to Leica M, Contax, or Hexar RF.

They said NO.

Do any of you know of any other source (UK or US or anywhere else) for these adapters??
Novoflex is scheduled to release some adapters for the G1.