The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Panasonic 12-35 f2.8

jonoslack

Exactly what I meant on other thread :). I esp. like the cracked eggs. But, not being a Brit, I wondered about the last shot, or really the objects.
Hi Diane
Thank you! I like to try and take simple things which resonate. Not sure the world in general is so interested though. The difficulty is changing the specific to the general and still leaving something.

As for the wine. I bought some 2006 st emilion for dinner, and it turned out it would have been better in 2020, so I decanted it first thing to let it breathe for a few hours. The covers are to avoid drinking pickled flies.

All the best

scho

Moire generator. Plastic mesh screen used as a backstop on the daycamp archery range.

Gull gathering - (I think they were discussing the warning signs along the lake advising against going in the water because of herbicide treatments.):rolleyes:

Rowing club boats with "nose" protectors.

Old umbrellas

DHart

Wonderful lens... haven't been out lately, so some grab shots from around my property...

G3 and 12-35/2.8

G3 and 12-35/2.8

E-M5 and 12-35/2.8

Grandson came to visit

And a crop from the above image... check out the detail in the word "Founder" which was rendered in the lower right corner of the lens.
I was shocked to see the detail rendering in this zoom lens... I'd say it's in prime territory.

Braeside

Carl, like the old umbrellas shot especially.

Don, wonderful old property! The automobile especially, not to mention your own temple.

Ario congratulation on the new arrival(s).

Rich, I must take a trip to our aquarium now as well.

Jono, hope the wine was fine after that. I had no idea what the covers were either Diane!

Rawfa

Don, you have some phenomenal shots here! I really loved the one with all the leafs with the EM5.

CPWarner

Thanks Cliff.....they were shot at an aquarium. I did not know housings had been developed yet for the OM-D.

Good luck in your search.

R
Great shots for through glass at an aquarium! That is always challenging.

Olympus has shown their housing and Nauticam has released a housing as well. The Nauticam housing looks really good, but at $1300 + ports for various lenses, this gets expensive very quickly. But what underwater system doesn't...

DHart

Rawfa... thanks, buddy, I'm glad you appreciate the images. Kudos to Panasonic for designing and producing the 12-35, which is a superb lens for our beloved format.

tom in mpls

As we all know, the hyperbole is muted here compared to dpreview forums. However, the 4/3 forum there has a couple threads complaining of CA (with samples). What is the experience of the members of the Sane and Rational Photographers Posting at Getdpi? Is it true that it is ugly present when shooting on the OM-D or other Oly body, but not on Pannys due to in camera correction?

Quote from the review at slrgear: "The lens offers excellent resistance to chromatic aberration. If there is any to be noted at all, it appears most at the wider end of the lens' zoom range - 12mm - and is quite subtle, appearing as magenta fringing on areas of high contrast. It shows up only in the extreme corners. At other focal lengths and apertures, it is very hard to notice." I think they were testing on a Panasonic body.

Diane B

As we all know, the hyperbole is muted here compared to dpreview forums. However, the 4/3 forum there has a couple threads complaining of CA (with samples). What is the experience of the members of the Sane and Rational Photographers Posting at Getdpi? Is it true that it is ugly present when shooting on the OM-D or other Oly body, but not on Pannys due to in camera correction?

Quote from the review at slrgear: "The lens offers excellent resistance to chromatic aberration. If there is any to be noted at all, it appears most at the wider end of the lens' zoom range - 12mm - and is quite subtle, appearing as magenta fringing on areas of high contrast. It shows up only in the extreme corners. At other focal lengths and apertures, it is very hard to notice." I think they were testing on a Panasonic body.
I saw those threads and wondered later if the shots had been raw or just jpeg. In raw it would have been irrelevant I would think. The lens is sort of on my wish list so I am following it. Since I've been a Panny shooter for several years I hadn't thought much about CA and so far none has intruded with EM5 and any lens so I haven't gotten to check it out in LR.

Diane

Well, you guys are really doing a great job with that lens.

I got mine last week. I've got no complaints about image quality, funny noises, or really anything else.

However, referring back to earlier responses, it will never replace the 25mm Summilux for me. I used the 12-35mm all last weekend, and must say that I just plain prefer prime lenses. The 35mm maximum focal length is a little short for me, too.

I've made a couple of posts about the lens on my blog, but am planning to return it.

Again, you all are making great images with the lens, which I have come to expect. It's just not the lens for me. I'll stick with my primes.

Reed
My Lumix Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I've had the lens for a few days, and I love everything about it... except my pictures. Here's one I kinda like. 15 seconds braced against a window sill:

It's amazing how much personality lenses have. Shooting at f/9, you wouldn't think that there'd be a difference between an f/2.8 lens and an f/6.3, and yet they sure seem to have individual characters.

Or it's all delusion... Yup. I'm going with delusion.:chug:

--Matt

m_driscoll

Taken on my way to get my daily dry double cappuccino and peanut butter cookie.

E-M5; 12-35mm f/2.8; 12mm;1/400s @ f/6.3; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 12-35mm f/2.8; 13mm;1/500s @ f/7.1; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 12-35mm f/2.8; 35mm;1/500s @ f/7.1; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jlm

Workshop Member
couldn't find the lens in the USA, so used forum leads and ordered it from Hong kong on Tuesday. It showed up today, and that was with an addressing delay. it does come with a hood

amazing

will have to get some shots of my bourbon bottles, garlic and eggs right away! ;)