The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The G1 has arrived....

Terry

Hi Bob, yes, I will be out there that whole week. Drop me a PM if you are going to be in the city. Will Cynthia be out west with you?

Martin,
Sorry that it will take me until later to post. I hope to make the wait worth it.

pollobarca

Lucky You Terry!

I think jealousy is a very stupid emotion but I am definitely suffering this!:scry:

Look forward to seeing the pictures. MY that camera is small too!!

Joan

Sounds very positive so far, Terry. And I have to admit, I'm suffering a bit of jealousy just like Pollobarca, lol. :)

I know you'll make this little camera shine and can't wait to see the Halloween shots, perfect venue to try out the G1!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You know your the first to get one here than you decide to work today and your killing us. This is just not fare, you have a responsibility to your viewers. Feeing guilty yet :D:D:D

LOL you know i am just giving you a hard time.:thumbs::thumbs:

I know i am a real PITA. But you gotta love me for trying. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

OK, OK I'm going to finish packing up and get out of here. The camera and manual are in my desk ready and waiting.

Brian Mosley

In the meantime...

Here are a couple of G1 shots to keep you going :)

Panasonic G1 + 14-45mm
1/500s f/6.3 at 22.0mm iso100

1/200s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso100

Full RAW files available to Safari Group Members in our ongoing multi-user review (hoping you'll give us some impressions for our report Terry!)

Kind Regards

Brian

A

asabet

Brian, those look great! Are you getting one for yourself, or just testing?

Martin S

Nice work Brian.

Keep it up. Hopefully we'll see images made with regular 4/3 lenses also, although these look great.

Martin

Martin S

Could we justify the purchase of a G1 by saying it is an economic stimulus??

Perhaps that will soften the blow to the plastic??????

Martin

Brian Mosley

Brian, those look great! Are you getting one for yourself, or just testing?
Thanks Amin,

I wouldn't buy a camera, only to test and then sell... I still have my Sigma DP1 - although I've found a better use for the 4GB SDHD card ;)

I'm really happy with this purchase - the worlds first EVIL cam, and Panasonic did a fantastic job imho.

Kind Regards

Brian

Terry

Here we go with a few from this afternoon. I'm going to head back out after a conference call. Just playing with settings I used sharpening +2 and Noise Reduction -2. These are jpegs as I'm not keen on loading Silkypix for the moment.

I added a little saturation here
View attachment 8792

My headless self portrait on the way to work
View attachment 8788

Happy Halloween
View attachment 8793

They were doing construction and there was a lot of dust flying around so this is not a camera problem. I know her "hair" is blown but I still liked the color and you can tell how bright it was because she can't see.
View attachment 8794

It is Marathon weekend and the bleachers at the finish line look ready to go Note: The color is correct this was a not a real red. The sponsor is ING
View attachment 8791

Brian and Terry, you´re doing a great job as Panasonic salespersons...:rolleyes:

I´m really on the verge of buying one as soon as possible, but I feel I have to form my own opinion about "viewfinder lag" first; I love to photograph dogs when playing, prancing and running... If it feels too much "out of sync", I´ll have to settle for the E520 instead...

A

asabet

Terry, these look great. The one concern I have so far comes from the bokeh on the skull mask photo, but I know better than to judge a lens' bokeh from a single photograph.

simonclivehughes

I'm hoping to pick one up next week along with the 45-200mm lens. So far, I'm really excited about what I'm seeing. I'm expecting the quality to be as good as my LX3, probably even better, so it seems destined to be a winner.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry, these look great. The one concern I have so far comes from the bokeh on the skull mask photo, but I know better than to judge a lens' bokeh from a single photograph.
I know I looked at that one as well and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the sharpening I had going on the jpegs. Here was a bokeh test last night. Please note on the top edge there is a light fixture that is blowing out which is not a surprise to me. I take a lot of test shots from that same spot.

View attachment 8795

Brian Mosley

The 14-45 OIS kit lens is a marvelous little lens - very well made.

But, I'm seriously looking forward to using the 57mm f1.2 on this baby!

Kind Regards

Brian

p.s. Terry - I wasn't too keen on loading Silkypix either, but it's a very capable converter & the image quality is well worth the effort!