The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D firmware update 1.2

Hosermage

I just updated.. found my cable in my briefcase after I already ordered an extra cable from Amazon... DOH!

It doesn't seem like a lot of risk since it looks like it's two step: 1) download firmware to computer, 2) apply update to camera.

Anyway, I did it because someone reported that the new firmware improves AF-tracking. I just did a brief test after the update and it does feel a little better, but I'll try it on my 4 year old son tomorrow :D

dhazeghi

I just updated.. found my cable in my briefcase after I already ordered an extra cable from Amazon... DOH!

It doesn't seem like a lot of risk since it looks like it's two step: 1) download firmware to computer, 2) apply update to camera.
Unfortunately, Olympus's updater software isn't exactly bulletproof. Failures at step 2 are not uncommon (as are OS-related/USB-related glitches). Also, the instructions that say to turn off your camera appears before the update is finished, so if you don't read carefully (wait for OK to appear on the camera screen), it's easy to screw up.

DH