The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wide angle adapter on micro 4/3 and NEX?

Rawfa

I´m thinking about getting a Raynox DCR-6600PRO 0.66x wide angle adapter so that I can use it on my micro 4/3 and NEX lenses. Did anyone ever try this lens out?

My main concerns are:

1- optical quality
2 - Weight stress on the micro 4/3 and NEX lenses (this little fella weights 178g)

I know it´s hard, but now that I´m using 2 systems I try minizining the costs by using accessories that I can use on both.

Riley

everything I have ever seen like this doesnt work out being optically sound. Nobody can properly predict what the results will be like, but I have seen Raynox on bridge cameras like FZ50 and it left me with the feeling that it had soft edges and less contrast all over. Considering FZ50 owners had no choice maybe not a bad compromise, but for interchangeable lens cameras its a waste of money.

RichA

I´m thinking about getting a Raynox DCR-6600PRO 0.66x wide angle adapter so that I can use it on my micro 4/3 and NEX lenses. Did anyone ever try this lens out?

My main concerns are:

1- optical quality
2 - Weight stress on the micro 4/3 and NEX lenses (this little fella weights 178g)

I know it´s hard, but now that I´m using 2 systems I try minizining the costs by using accessories that I can use on both.
Most of these devices produce pretty awful edge definition and often add chromatic aberration. The best I've seen was a very pricey Sony add-on but not being designed for the lenses, it's a gamble.