The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f1.8

jonoslack

The answer is clear - if you're anguishing about whether you need the 75 . . or the 35-100 . . . you clearly need both (aaaaaahhhhhhhh)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ho Jorgen . . . .so when did you get your 35-100? :salute:
Jono, your computer needs a reality checker in addition to the spelling checker. It's "... will you get..." not "... did you get..." :rolleyes:
Dunno... it's rather expensive, out of stock at the moment and my wallet is being re-built as dwelling for homeless elephants for Christmas (yes, there's that much free space in there) :(

jpmac55

Well not exactly. I did buy and fully pay but they have a 15 day return policy. So, as long as the lens is perfect and within the 15 day limit, you should be fine.

On the other side, I know that the 75mm costs only $899 compared to the $1499 I paid for the 35-100mm. A difference of $600! That's what I'm struggling with the most. And, I know that it's plenty possible to get fantastic shots with no image stabilization.

long enough...
I just ordered the 75mm......from Samy's ;-)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's a couple from today, both with manual focus.

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/9 and 1/80s

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/14 and 1/100s

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This lens is so good that it's now mounted permanently on the GH2, making it available always.

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

episa

The 75mm f/1.8 from Olympus is really at the level of the Zeiss and Leica lenses. Sharp wide open and an insanely good bokeh...
All shots taken at f/1.8.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
When I told a friend that I was going to Costa Rica, he said that the country should be subtitled "Monkeys ate my lunch". And, indeed, they are ever vigilant for an unguarded sandwich.

75/1.8 at f/6.3 - sorry about the bokeh.

Best,

Matt

scott kirkpatrick

This is proving to be a very flexible lens. I bought it to do critters, but it makes nice bokeh sandwiches:

and can also cut like a knife:

scott

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In this area, along the Mekong River in Vientiane, there used to be food stalls, trees and lots of people. Then the Chinese decided to donate a River Promenade to the poor people of Laos. Now, there's concrete, a couple of foreigners an a Chinese temple (built of concrete as well). Yes, the weather is as hot as it looks.

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5