Site Sponsors

Thread: What wrist strap with Miiich OMD grip??

Post Thanks / Like

What wrist strap with Miiich OMD grip??

That was supposed to be MILICH grip....

While I wait for my grip/L I'm thinking of straps. I'm wondering if the old E-1 wrist strap would work. I've used it on quite a number of DSLRs over the years and its nice and soft and gives just the amount of support for carrying a camera in hand. OTOH I wonder if its overkill and would like to know what others are using.

I may decide I don't want a wrist strap (or maybe sometimes) after all since I've been carrying the m4/3s on a cross body strap (similar to Black Rapid) and I've shot several full days comfortably with it--with my hand lightly on the camera grip when not shooting. I sling my bag around toward back and the camera falls just in front of it right at arm's length.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What wrist strap with Miiich OMD grip??

Just received my Milich combo grip. I thought I might remove the L and only add it when I needed it but after trying it a bit I think I will leave it on. The grip definitely does change holding and shooting technique and for the better. Its probably not as elegant/all of a piece as the Olympus but its light, does what its designed to do in a very matter of fact and utilitarian design and feels quite nice in hand. I don't find the placement of the shutter button to be an issue at all. Glad I went with this one.

So now will have to decide, wrist strap or no. For those that have the Milich grip what strap are you using with it? I'm going to take the Canon E1 off my 5D and try it but would welcome any other suggestions.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane B; 6th August 2012 at 16:18.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Diane,
    I am awaiting the arrival of my Milich grip and a Gordy Strap. Previously I used a Camdapter strap on my OM-D + Oly grip and, while it worked well, it was overkill. I ordered a custom Gordy strap so that I can easily grab my camera out of the bag and hold it securely. The Camdapter strap is being reserved for my next DSLR, probably a Canon 5D Mk III.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

I took the Gordy strap I had on my GF1 and tried it but found, as I remembered, that I don't like wrist straps (felt a bit constrained), prefer hand supports like my old Canon E1 (which I tried also, but its too much for this cam). Consequently I went back to my over the body strap and have shot with it several full days. comfortably. I'll be curious to see how you like the Gordy on yours.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I ordered the longer version with the pad. I will let you know when everything arrives tomorrow.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

interested in wrist straps myself.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is a pr0n shot of my OM-D with Milich Grip and Gordy Strap. Works a treat!

My OM-D + Milich Grip + Gordy Strap by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

The lens is a old Starblitz 24mm f/2.8 I found in a local repair shop. The place was a treasure trove of fab old lenses. They had a Vivitar 17mm in OM mount but the lens was hazy