Site Sponsors

Thread: OMD ITPC Caption field

Post Thanks / Like

OMD ITPC Caption field

I am new to Olympus cameras and find it annoying that they plug in "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA" in the ITPC Caption field on all images in the OMD. If this isn't deleted manually it shows up automatically when posting photos to Flickr, Facebook, etc.

I've scoured the manual and see where I can add/modify creator and copyright info, but can find no way to eliminate this caption data. Am I stuck with this or have I missed something?
    Bob Trancho

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OMD ITPC Caption field

When importing photos in Aperture you can choose to append or replace IPTC. Replacing should remove any other IPTC data.

Aperture 3 User Manual

This should be possible in other similar software as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OMD ITPC Caption field

Quote Originally Posted by pgmj View Post
    When importing photos in Aperture you can choose to append or replace IPTC. Replacing should remove any other IPTC data.

Aperture 3 User Manual

This should be possible in other similar software as well.
    Once imported, I can certainly select all in Lightroom and then edit the field. That's what I've started to do. I was hoping that I could eliminate that step (so that I don't have to remember to do it). This is the first digital camera I've owned that captions every shot without my permission. An annoyance - not a serious problem.
    Bob Trancho