The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Original OM-D eye cup required

Braeside

The darned rubber eye cup for my OM-D fell off somewhere and is lost.:mad:

I have an Olympus EP-11 version that I bought (and didn't use) because it doesn't suit my glasses as well as the original.. Anyone want to swop an original eyecup for the fancy EP-11? Or know any place that has the original eyecup in stock?

Thanks!

Braeside

I phoned Olympus UK who put me in touch with Luton Cameras Camera Shop, Olympus Camera Repairs, Servicing and Spare Parts, Luton, Bedfordshire

They inform me me that they expect the part in 7 to 10 days from Olympus Europe.

I had previously contacted Olympus Europe who said they could only get the EP-11.

The conversation went like this:

Dear Olympus,

I recently purchased a new Olympus OM-D E-M5 digital camera in the UK. Although very pleased with the camera in general, I have a problem that I hope you can help me with.

The original eye piece (EP-10) V3291300W000 which clips on is very easy to lose. Unfortunately I lost mine whilst out shooting, it must have fallen off the camera when I was walking with the camera slung over my shoulder.

Although I have bought the optional eye piece EP-11, it is not as suitable as the original for wearers of glasses, so I really require the original part.

I have been unable to find any company that has the part in stock. This is unfortunate as I am sure that I am not alone in having lost this vital part of the camera despite taking great care.

Will Olympus consider having a suitable supply of spare EP-10 eye pieces available for their customers?

If you can help in any way it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

I got the following brief reply:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, only the EP-11 is available.

Kind regards,

This kind of help I can do without.