The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Who has the most number of m4/3rds cams?

How many models do you have?

• Total voters
V

Vivek

With a plethora of m43rds cams out there from Pana and Oly, I am curious as to who has the most of them at the moment?

I have the G1 (a few samples) and the GH2 (few). Skipped all the iterations in between and after. Waiting for the GH-3.

jonoslack

HI Vivek
I have two . . . a Black OMD, and a G1x, which is currently on ebay, and which will be replaced by a silver OMD.

bensonga

Three here......a G1, GH2 and black OMD. I've never been interested in the GF format cameras because I prefer having an eye level viewfinder built into the body.

Gary

RonSmith

I said 4, but on closer reading should have said 3.

Currently have G1 (x2), GF1 and GH2. Had a G3 that I recently sold.

I'm also waiting to see what the GH3 will be. Might need one.

ErikTande

GH1 and GH2 - Initially purchased both for video work (and still my primary use for both). I've really been getting into still photography lately though, I love it.

I've been interested in getting one of the really small m4/3 cameras like the Olympus Pen or Panasonic GF3, just to be able to travel as light as possible. Has anyone used both? Which do you prefer?

Knorp

G1, G3, EM5 and looking forward to the GH3.
Well, not really - I'd like an M10 better ... :p

All the best

Diane B

Actually embarrassed to say four LOL. I have my original G1, GF1 plus aux. EVF, G3 and now my silver OMD. I "mean" to sell them but never get around to it, sadly. I will probably look for someone to donate the G1 to plus the 14-42 that came with my G3 (have the original 14-45 plus now the Oly 12-50 so well covered in that zoom range).

Diane

jonoslack

With a plethora of m43rds cams out there from Pana and Oly, I am curious as to who has the most of them at the moment?

I have the G1 (a few samples) and the GH2 (few). Skipped all the iterations in between and after. Waiting for the GH-3.
Reading this Vivek . . . I'm not sure that counts as 2 - seems to me to be a few samples x2 . . . so how many do you have exactly?

V

Vivek

Hi Jono,

A very belated, happy, big Six O to you (just learned from reading another thread)! :)

3 G1s (discounting the first I totalled) out of which only one is as received. The others modified to do UV and IR and the like.

2+ GH-2s. :)

Although, the NEX' may replace the m4/3rds cams for a variety of uses, it seems.

A pity that Pana did not make the GX1 with an integrated EVF, otherwise I would have bought in to that.
I am still looking out for a very compact (built in EVF and all) m4/3rds to use some of the very compact manual lenses I have.
Just about 5mm thick. Unfortunately, they will not cover APS-C.

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

A very belated, happy, big Six O to you (just learned from reading another thread)! :)
Thank you - it's a terrible thing to happen to anyone . . . the only thing I can think of doing is behaving very badly - I did consider the interesting proposition of being a Troll - but gave the idea up as too frustrating.

3 G1s (discounting the first I totalled) out of which only one is as received. The others modified to do UV and IR and the like.

2+ GH-2s. :)

Although, the NEX' may replace the m4/3rds cams for a variety of uses, it seems.

A pity that Pana did not make the GX1 with an integrated EVF, otherwise I would have bought in to that.
I am still looking out for a very compact (built in EVF and all) m4/3rds to use some of the very compact manual lenses I have.
Just about 5mm thick. Unfortunately, they will not cover APS-C.
It's called an OMD Vivek - lovely camera!

Godfrey

LOL ... certainly not me. I never had more than one anyway, now it's none.
What's the point of this question?

Speaking of which:
I still have a Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV floating about my closet. It's crudely adapted to an mFT adapter (permanently). Crudely in that I messed up and the infinity focus on the lens is about 4' away ... but stop it down to f/9 and it nets from close to infinity in sharp focus. It's a fun little wide lens to play with and makes nice photos:

Anyone want it? send me an offer... :)

f6cvalkyrie

3 here as well : OM-D for stills shooting with adapted lenses, GH2 for video (finds little use because I'm not really into video) and my original G1 that is currently in modification to full spectrum ...

4, if you count my wife's G1 in ...

C U,
Rafael

bensonga

OMD, GH-2, G1.....same as me......excellent choices! :thumbs:

What do you mean by a G1 in modification to "full spectrum"?

Gary

3 here as well : OM-D for stills shooting with adapted lenses, GH2 for video (finds little use because I'm not really into video) and my original G1 that is currently in modification to full spectrum ...

4, if you count my wife's G1 in ...

C U,
Rafael

V

Vivek

What do you mean by a G1 in modification to "full spectrum"?

Gary
G1 without its internal UV/IR cut filter. At the moment Rafael has one of mine. You can make photos in UV or IR (or Visible) with appropriate filters on the lens.