Site Sponsors

Thread: Some G1 RAW captures

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some G1 RAW captures

Loaded Silkypix, did the processing there and exported the tiffs to PS to do resize and minor adjustments.

The camera was G1. ISO100, soft Dutch light (Delft), manually focused (won't mention the lens but think lux).

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some G1 RAW captures

Very nice Vivek. 35 Lux with your new adapter? What is causing the weird posterization in the sky of the 3rd shot - just OOF rendering of some blown highlights?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks, Carl. The skies look weird because of the me sliding the DR slide to +6 in silky pix (this was the first time I ever used that software).

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is another test shot with the on board flash providing the bulk of the illumination.

I am looking into a 4/3rds system flash. I am guessing that they (Olympus) are compatible?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Thanks, Carl. The skies look weird because of the me sliding the DR slide to +6 in silky pix (this was the first time I ever used that software).
    You need to be careful when using that DR slider, especially it seems with the G1 images. It really does strange things when it tries to recover highlights. I don't remember it doing this with the M8 files, but I'd have to go back and try it again to be sure. In any case, to recover highlights with G1 files, it's probably best to just save them as tiff's and then use Lightroom. I do like Silkypix, but I hope they do something to fix this in a future version.

Bill