The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH3 rumours start to abound

DavidL

(FT5) GH3 has fastest AF of the world. It is like a pro DSLR. Best hybrid cam ever (Source report) | 43 Rumors
1) Ergonomy: The GH3 is bigger and heavier, it is built like a tank! Panasonic clearly wants to give you a “DSLR feeling” going away from the “smaller is better” philosophy. It feels much more PRO than the Olympus E-M5. De facto it looks more similar to a PRO DSLR like a Nikon D7000 or Canon 7D more than to any other Panasonic/Olympus mirrorless camera we have seen before.

2) Specs: While he can’t unveil the specs he said that Panasonic improved any aspects of the camera. They really studied the feedback they got from Photographers and Filmmakers using the GH2. So almost everything you wished to have on a GH3 will become truth. The sensor gets on market with the “Wide Dynamic Range” definition while the Autofocus is said to be the fastest of the whole interchangeable camera world. Video specs and features are the best he ever saw on these kind of cameras. While there was no chance to analyze the stills quality he got the chance to see some videos made with the GH3. Definitely a leap forward!

3) Connectivity and accessories: The GH3 is all about getting connected. There are many physical and wireless connection possibilities. Filmmmakers are going to have all the connections they need for a professional production.

clay stewart

Yup, it looks interesting. I'm not too crazy about a larger/heavier body, but better dynamic range, silent shutter and 60P video sound interesting. I say that about the video and yet I've yet to do much with video. I think my main draw the the GH over the G has been the multi aspect ratio sensor. If it wasn't for the lack of that, I'd buy the G5 right now.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Unfortunately again 16MP????

Why not have 24MP? Simply because Panasonic is not as mature in sensor design as Sony - think RX100 with 20MP an great high ISO possibilities.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Unfortunately again 16MP????

Why not have 24MP? Simply because Panasonic is not as mature in sensor design as Sony - think RX100 with 20MP an great high ISO possibilities.
May it will have better high ISO than the RX100 then. 16MP means the same pixel density as the NEX7 and the D800 doesn't it? Seems to be the norm at the moment. What is more important is probably to make the best ever photo/video hybrid camera. I don't doubt for a second that they will succeed in that.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I really would like to see a GH3 as a pro body, size of D7000 like (or a bit smaller) with 24MP and useable ISO from 100 - 6400- I mean really useable ISO!

Also I would like to see some more pro grade glass for m43 - both Oly as well as Pana! Oly should come with their SHG series for m43 (not via adapter). and Pana could add some more great primes!

Anything else will make m43 not a really PRO replacement!