The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some test shots with Olympus OM-D

J

jamesmck

When the much heralded Olympus OM-D was first announced, I promised myself to get one as soon as the street price came down. Well, I wasn't able to wait that long. I have had the camera for a few weeks, and haven't been able to take my hands off it. It is a pleasure to look at and to use, only partly due to its resemblance to the classic Olympus OM series. Nevermind that its nice configurability comes at the expense of the longest and most complex array of setup menus that I have seen on any digital camera. The electronic viewfinder in the OM-D is superb -- almost "optical." This really helps in focusing so-called 'legacy' lenses. You could say I am happy with this camera.

Here is a representative image. See more done with several different lenses at Olympus OM-D Test Shots - a set on Flickr.

The Smithsonian Castle on the National Mall, Washington, DC. With Panasonic Lumix 20mm/1.7 lens.