The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 shots

scho

I'm afraid to get this camera. My upgraded M8 might suffer from lack of use.:ROTFL:
My M8 has been hiding with the E3 in a dark closet.:bugeyes: I think they are both fearing being put on the block and at least one probably will be gone soon.

jonoslack

My M8 has been hiding with the E3 in a dark closet.:bugeyes: I think they are both fearing being put on the block and at least one probably will be gone soon.
HI There
I guess mine will be set aside a bit too. G1 and twin lens kit just arrived in the post an hour ago - battery charging.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Arne, You need a lot of light for the finder to work well. There is an option to switch the finder noise on and off. Check if you have yours enabled or disabled.

What happened to the kit zoom #1??
Where can I find the description for the FINDER NOISE switch to switch on/off ???
I could not find anything in my user manual .

Jurgen

scho

HI There
I guess mine will be set aside a bit too. G1 and twin lens kit just arrived in the post an hour ago - battery charging.
Jono, Congratulations for the new G1. Looking forward to seeing some of your G1 images and your comments on the camera.

Regards,
Carl

Arne Hvaring

Lovely shots Arne - were you wearing gloves?

Kind Regards

Brian
Thank you, Brian. I was wearing gloves, but the tightly spaced buttons make settings a hit and miss, so gloves come off and on all the time. At least the normal variety. Perhaps some ultra thin but highly isolating gloves might work.

Arne Hvaring

HI There
Great Jono, congratulations! And since you're already an experienced user of the 4/3 system, which I am not, I'm looking forward to your comments.
I think you did wise in ordering the long zoom as well, I'll get mine ASAP.

jonoslack

Great Jono, congratulations! And since you're already an experienced user of the 4/3 system, which I am not, I'm looking forward to your comments.
I think you did wise in ordering the long zoom as well, I'll get mine ASAP.
HI Arne
Well, I'm used to 4/3 . . . but not really to Panasonic, so it's a bit of a step sideways. Judgement is still out on the long zoom, I'll have to do some proper testing (not sure quite when though!).

jonoslack

:eek::shocked:
That's what I love about you Bertie - always the one for understatement, didn't you mean:
:wtf::cussing::eek::LOL::cry:

I ordered it at 10pm on Sunday, and it arrived this morning. £715 for the two lens kit. I guess it might have been cheaper elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. The single lens kit IS cheaper elsewhere £474 from SimplyElectronics was the best I saw.