The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

90 macro elmar or G1?

V

Vivek

I trashed my SLR system for an M8 upgrade along with any kind of close up capability. Any advice? Thanks
You need to dig deeper into the Leica system. Check out one of the photos I posted here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3973

That (OUFRO) is an useful adapter to get if you want to do close-ups.:)

The DR Summicron 50mm is another one ( I am looking for a clean sample).

In general, if you have interest in Leica's history, there are many many nifty items that Leica made which would be useful. It is fun and also would make you appreciate what kind of a brand that Leica has been for photography.

If you want to real macros, there is a set of Summars, Milars and Photars out there (Summars and Milars are ancient). Any further info, I will be glad to help.

jamriman

Hi Vivek,
Many thanks. I have tried the 50DR with the M8. It works but it's risky. You could damage the sensor. I've looked into the visoflex set up but decided it's too intricate for me. I just grabbed a 90 macro elmar with the adapter from eBay using the cashback promo for $1255! That was just too hard to pass up. If I decide it's not my thing, I could easily sell them separetly for $2000. I'll wait and see what you experts think of how practical the M to M4/3 adapter focusing proves to be. Many thanks again for your insight!

Last edited: