The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coyote sequence blended, Nikkor 70-300, OM-D

greypilgrim

Here is one I shot in Yosemite this past weekend. My first attempt at compositing a sequence together, so suggestions are welcome on that end.

This was shot with a nikkor 70-300, racked out to 300 with the OM-D IBIS set for 300mm. I have another shorter set with the coyote in the light that I have to make an attempt at later. I am playing with the 70-300 as my long lens for the OM-D for now until such time as I muster up enough $$ to purchase the Panasonic 100-300. I am using the Rainbow Imaging Pro G adapter which may be the best reasonably priced adapter I have found for nikkors so far.

Doug

Doug,

Have you tried making the last image in time terms the distinct one and the others appearing behind it. Phrased another way, in your top image the left hand animal would show in its entirety and each one behind it would be one layer backwards.

It might not work but that is the way I think of time lapse photography.

Just a thought.

Tony

greypilgrim

I tried that, and it didn't work for me with this image for some reason, but maybe with the fixing of the masks more to my liking, it might work better. I'll play with that, thanks,

Doug

What made me make the suggestion was thinking of those iconic photos such as the pole vaulter.

It is the last frame that is sharp and clear. The earlier ones are defused.

Have fun.

Tony