The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OMD and action photography

dhsimmonds

Some great windsurfing shots here from an equally great OMD photographer.

He certainly put's a lie to the OMD being incapable of taking action shots!

Brian Wadie's Images from Nature

The secret apparently is:

* Good light
* Ibis set 1
* CFC autofocus set to 4fps

Most of all, knowledge of your subject to be able to anticipate what is going to happen next and know exactly when to start pressing the shutter!

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have just this to do action photography (motor sports) with m4/3 cameras. I've bought two second hand but mostly unused cameras (a GH1 and a GH2 in addition to my old GH1) for a very nice price, and I the experience I have gathered so far, I expect the disadvantage with the EVF vs. an OVF to be more than outweighed by the handling and diminutive weight and bulk compared to my Nikon setup. I'm not selling my Nikon gear yet, but that's only a question of time I think.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's an example from today, still not with the OM-D but with the GH1 and an old OM Zuiko lens.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/11 and 1/60s