The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pictures From Crete with the E3

Robert Campbell

Looks good. Looking forward to more.

Did you walk whatever the gorge is called? The one where you have to go by boat from the southern end.

[Clicking on the Chania pic doesn't link]

jonoslack

Looks good. Looking forward to more.

Did you walk whatever the gorge is called? The one where you have to go by boat from the southern end.

[Clicking on the Chania pic doesn't link]
Hi Bertie
Samarian gorge? We have done - it's a bit crowded, and there are nice ones which aren't. Where we stay is on the route that boat takes when you get to the southern end.

Thanks for the heads up on the chania link - should be sorted now.

Robert Campbell

Our excuse for not walking it was that the kids were too small...we were there maybe 12 years ago. Perhaps someday, when we are [financially] rid of them.

I do remember the colours, though; and the rooftop restaurants...and the food.

jonoslack

Our excuse for not walking it was that the kids were too small...we were there maybe 12 years ago. Perhaps someday, when we are [financially] rid of them.

I do remember the colours, though; and the rooftop restaurants...and the food.
Well, I'd say the food was pretty forgettable (maybe that's why you remember it :ROTFL:)

We go every year for two weeks in September - it's about 10 miles east of the bottom of the Samarian gorge (4 hours very hot walking). It's my chill-out holiday - walking / reading / lying in the sunshine / etc. etc. lovely (the tan hasn't completely gone, even now)!

Our hotel bill this year for 2 weeks for two of us was . . . .€650.

Cheaper than staying at home!