The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH3 replacement battery Panasonic - DMW-BLF19?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Panasonic + batteries = :loco: :angry: :cry: :banghead: :cussing: :scry:

It's a completely new battery that only works with the GH3. The 3 different GH models all use different batteries :mad:

Tesselator

And hopefully the GH3 (finally) uses a good battery too. :)

I'm so tired of juggling 3 separate batteries just to keep me powered up on a day-trip. :p

How many mAh and V is it? Any userish features like a mechanical or electronic state indicator?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Wow... it's 1,860mAh, 7.2V and 13.4Wh. That's roughly 50% more Ah than either the GH1 or the GH2 battery. One in the camera an one in the vertical grip should keep me going for a while :)

Tesselator

Oh, nice improvement, Cool! Around 2,200 to 2,400mAh would have been better but this is welcome. I guess we will see 2400 to 2600 coming out from China pretty soon tho. I recently bought a set of 1930mAh @ 7.2V batteries for my GH2 which are pretty nice. That's 13.9Wh by the way..

Last edited:

slau

The GH3 battery is definitely a LOT better than the GH2 batteries. I can go with one GH3 battery for almost a day shooting. The new GH3 charger is quite big though, not sure why.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Good luck finding batteries, and if you do, please let me know? It doesn't look like any batteries will be available until who knows when.... there doesn't appear to be any in the country yet! <Sigh>.

That said, I do agree the GH3 battery lasts a lot longer than the one in my old GH2.