The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8

ThePhotoSoup

Here I have a quick shot I took while walking around. It was handheld with the GH3 and 35-100mm f/2.8 @ 2.8. I have the slightly original size (cropped thinner) and a crop from the bottom.

dhsimmonds

Impressive lens and photos!

Jono - how is the ergonomics with the 30-100mm on the OM-D?
Addressed to Jono, I know but as I also use the 100-300 on an OMD I can also answer. It is perfectly balanced and using the OMD's excellent IBIS in body image stabilisation the lens stabilisation needs to be switched off.

I should add that I do use half of the Olympus vertical grip. ie not the bit that includes an additional battery. However I would imagine that the bare body would also handle the 100-300 very well.

I use it handheld for wildlife photography, a really great lens.

jonoslack

Impressive lens and photos!

Jono - how is the ergonomics with the 30-100mm on the OM-D?
HI John
Dave has it - it's a surprisingly small lens, and it doesn't extend with zooming or focusing - it really isn't much bigger than the 12-35.
It handles beautifully (looks good too)

ThePhotoSoup

Here's a shot of the Hollywood sign. All the way in at 100mm and f/2.8 handheld. Heavily cropped and torqued in Lightroom 4.

Here's a shot of a coyote. This was handheld while sitting in my car so not very stable and not very much light. 100mm f/2.8. Bent in Lightroom 4.

ThePhotoSoup

Here's a brown pelican I shot in Santa Barbara. All shot at with the f/2.8.

Cam: Panasonic Lumix GH3
Lens: Lumix G X Vario 35-100 f/2.8 @ f/2.8

larkis

I like this lens a lot. I wish the 12-35 was f1.4 or I would buy it as well. Here are some samples from the 35-100 on a GH3.

kuau

Workshop Member
On a OM-D, at F4 or F5.6 can this lens replace the Oly 45/1.8 and the Oly 75/1.8
I own both the 45 and 75 now and shoot them both at F4 95% of the time.

Or are the Oly primes still sharper?

Steven