The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Must be the new math on the G5

peterb

I just posted this on another thread but thought maybe it's worth it's own.

B&H in NYC is offering a rather unusual deal on the G5.

If you get the body only there's a $100 instant rebate bringing it to $598 from $698.

If you get the body with the 14-42mm vario zoom, however, there's a $200 rebate that brings it to $598 from $798$!

Maybe I'm missing something here but looks like today you get a lens for free!

lumix g5| B&H Photo Video

Joe Blackwood

The Math gets better...

Amazon by Amazon has the Lumix G5 body only for $499.99

Amazon.com: Panasonic DMC-G5KBODY 16MP SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD - Body Only (Black): Camera & Photo

You can save $98.01 if you don't need the Lumix G Vario 14-42mm Lens

You can still get the savings on select Lumix Lenses... Maybe the 12-35mm/F2.8 as your kit lens.

Purchase this Camera and Save up to $200 on Select Panasonic Lumix Lenses
Save $50 on the Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 G Vario Aspherical MEGA OIS Lens.
Save $75 on the Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm/F4.0-5.6 Lens.
Save $100 on the Panasonic Lumix 100-300mm f/4.0-5.6 G Vario Aspherical MEGA OIS Lens.
Save $200 on the Panasonic Lumix G X VARIO 12-35mm/F2.8 ASPH X Series Lens.
Discounts apply only to products sold by Amazon.com. See full details and related rebate offers.

250swb

My guess is that its because the initial deliveries of almost any camera are for body and lens kits. It takes a few months for 'body only' to be delivered, by which time the price may well have fallen. So the body only price is a red herring, you won't be able to buy one yet anyway (although now I've said that I'm sure to be proven wrong).

Steve