The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with the G1

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am loving throwing the M8 w/2 lenses and G1 w/2 lenses into a bag and it is not heavy or bulky. Once the M adapter arrives, I might be able to just let go of my Oly E3 and lenses. I can even put the G1 in my purse in a pinch. The G1 is a DSLR replacement in a rangefinder size body.

Terry

I am loving throwing the M8 w/2 lenses and G1 w/2 lenses into a bag and it is not heavy or bulky. Once the M adapter arrives, I might be able to just let go of my Oly E3 and lenses. I can even put the G1 in my purse in a pinch. The G1 is a DSLR replacement in a rangefinder size body.
Cindy, My G1 resides in my purse...except if I'm taking a really small one.

O

olyinaz

Surfing competition at the Bonzai Pipeline:

The "Chinaman's Hat" off Oahu's north coast:

Thanks for starting the thread Jono!

Cheers,
Oly

bensonga

I had to go way back in time to find this thread. :shocked:

Anyone here still shooting with a Pana G1? I remember being amazed at how good this little camera was/is....it convinced me to invest in a m4/3rd system (which now includes the G1, GH-2, OMD and several lenses).

Here's a shot I took a couple years ago with a Nikon 300mm f4.5 AIS EDIF lens mounted on my G1.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nope, never used a G1. I prefer the more modern stuff. Just bought my second GH1, like new (2,000 clicks) in box for $300 :)

Although I would love to have the OM-D and the GH3, I'm concentrating on the lenses first. My 2 GH1s and the GH2 work just fine and will hopefully do so for years to come.

iiiNelson

Yes I still have my G1 and recharged it the other day. Sadly I sold most of my lenses when I bought the M9. My favorites were (in no particular order) the 20/1.7, 45 ME, the 7-14/4, and the 14-45 kit lens which I still have.

bensonga

While I'm looking thru "old" G1 images, figure I might as well share a few of my favorites.

Taken with the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens

Taken with a Leica 90mm Elmarit-R lens

JBurnett

Oh, heck. I only recently succumbed to the insanely low price of a G3 body upgrade.

The (still) quite wonderful G1 With 45mm Macro:

With kit lens, 60-second exposure:

These days I usually leave the Olympus 35mm Macro (with adapter) on the G1, and I take this combo on exercise walks or in foul weather (with a plastic bag). I like the perspective of the 70mm equivalent, and having the close-focus when needed. And the 35mm is very sharp from corner to corner.