The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with the G1

scho

My favorite gorge trail is now closed for the winter so I have to walk along the gorge rim and upper slopes. Two G1 shots from today's walk.

Brian Mosley

A couple from this morning...

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + Hexanon 85mm f1.8
1/1300s f/6.3 iso100

1/500s f/6.3 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono, Good idea to start this thread. Sorry I'm late for the party. My MacBookPro is giving me problems.
Scho, Nice detail. It looks like it is cold!
Brain, Beautiful landscapes.

I"m still stuck on flowers. I just can't get on with the kit lens because of the need to use Silkypix. Hopefully, I'll have my computer under control soon and will have an alternative installed. These were with the G1 and 50 macro (which I love on the G1...nice balance.)

Terry

I will now be in one place for a couple of weeks so I hope to add to this thread soon.

Cindy, if you have CS4 you can open up the files with camera raw. That's what Guy and I used with no problem.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry, I'm still using CS3. I haven't been too enthused about the upgrade, but I guess I better do it as soon as I get my Mac back on track. We will all be looking forward to more photos from your G1. I enjoyed your shoot with Guy.

scho

Cindy, Beautiful macro shots and nice bokeh with that 50. Manual focus?

Regards,
Carl

V

Vivek

Folks, I hope to join you soon.

Cindy, Wow! Looks real and smells good too!:)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, everyone. This 50 f/2 macro is a winner on the G1 (with adapter). Yes, it is manual focus.:thumbup:

Brian Mosley

Beautiful flower shots Cindy, and thanks for the compliment :)

The Panasonic G1 should be sold body only / with adapter - it's a fabulous solution for legacy lens users.

I tried it with the 50mm Leica R last weekend - what a beautiful lens, much much nicer to focus manually than fly-by-wire - but the 50mm f2 macro is an unbelievable lens.

Kind Regards

Brian

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful flower shots Cindy, and thanks for the compliment :)

The Panasonic G1 should be sold body only / with adapter - it's a fabulous solution for legacy lens users.

I tried it with the 50mm Leica R last weekend - what a beautiful lens, much much nicer to focus manually than fly-by-wire - but the 50mm f2 macro is an unbelievable lens.

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian, Did you have a R to M4/3 adapter or did you stack adapters? (I guess there is no downside to stacking adapters, is there?) It is so exciting-- the possibilities that the G1 opens for us. The Leica R 50 f/2 and f/1.4 are both wonderful lenses. I used to adapt both on my Canons, but I no longer have either. I do have the Leica M 50 f/1.4 pre-ASPH sitting here waiting for its turn on the G1.:p

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I went to the Tempe Street fair today.

Street artist:

Betty Boop Dress Art (reminded me of our own Helen Hill!)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry, They are lovely. Number 4 is my favorite. I love the boats, the yellow building and the red of the bridge.
Isn't it fun to have a new camera in a new city??? I hope you post more from SF.

Terry

Thanks Cindy,
I will be posting more from SF and the surrounding area. Today I was out buying dishes, duvets and all sorts of stuff for this apartment. Exhausting!

Terry

I have one more shot from yesterday. I didn't do a good job capturing what I wanted. However, I as so taken by what I saw I decided to share. I was down by the base of the bridge just past Chrissie Field and there is a HUGE thick chain that keeps you from just falling off the ledge. The chain is constantly wet from the sea spray. The cracking pattern makes it look like tree bark. I've never seen something rust in this way.

View attachment 9823

Joan

Aaaaggh, I am having serious G1 envy!! :eek: ;) Very nice pictures, everyone!

Love the Betty Boop dress art, Cindy. Would love to have been there to see all of the art, looks interesting.

Terry, I'm with Cindy, especially like #4 from your set , and the chain shot is really nifty, amazing what salt water can do to a big hunk of iron, isn't it?

More G1 shots, Pretty Please!

Terry

Interesting forehead.

Hi Cindy,
I was playing with the Oly 50 macro today in the store. Decided to hold out and see what happens with my 50 lux and 75 cron when the adapters are ready before committing to the 50 macro.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Interesting forehead.

Hi Cindy,
I was playing with the Oly 50 macro today in the store. Decided to hold out and see what happens with my 50 lux and 75 cron when the adapters are ready before committing to the 50 macro.
Terry, I am also going to hold off any more purchases until I try my Leica lenses on the G1. However, I do think that the 50 macro is going to be hard to beat. It just balances so nice on the G1.