The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with the G1

Terry

Terry, I am also going to hold off any more purchases until I try my Leica lenses on the G1. However, I do think that the 50 macro is going to be hard to beat. It just balances so nice on the G1.
It balanced fine. Their sample had a very loose focus ring. He took out a fresh one and it felt a little more "under control" but nothing like the feel of my CV or Leicas and not as good as the kit lens for manual focus.

Based on Vivek's posts, I bought a Leitz extention tube at KEH today and I can then closer focus my 50 lux or 75 cron. I also have a number of 52mm close up lenses so I will first see how they do on the 45-200 and then decide what to do for the G1.

scho

Quick shot with the 45-200 OIS on the G1. Not as sharp as the Oly 50-200 SWD, but much easier to handle and shoot handheld.

Brian Mosley

Fabulous shots all, love the postcards from San Francisco, and the squirrel shot looks fine - that 45-200mm lens is lovely and compact, and of course stabilised!

I'm still going to stick with my 135mm f2.5 for the long stuff...

It's been awful weather the last week or so here, and no time to get out, but I so want to get on with some serious G1 + ZD lens tests!

I'll be back with images, promise! :salute:

Kind Regards

Brian

scho

One more squirrel shot from today with the 45-200, converted to B&W with SilverEfex.

helenhill

FAB Shot Cindy...soooo Surreal... :) Lovely
tres 3D ... if I could walk right on through and into the desert

BTW: Can you ask Santa
to bring my Betty Boop Metal Dress by X-MAS Eve please....:D

Best-H

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
FAB Shot Cindy...soooo Surreal... :) Lovely
tres 3D ... if I could walk right on through and into the desert

BTW: Can you ask Santa
to bring my Betty Boop Metal Dress by X-MAS Eve please....:D

Best-H
Thanks, Helen. It was just gorgeous today.

...about the Betty Boop metal dress: Have you been good? OK, I'll talk to Santa and see what I can do. :ROTFL:

scho

The rain finally stopped out here in the desert. G1 and kit lens.
Sonoran Desert
Beautiful desert scene Cindy. I'm longing for a clear blue sky like that. We are still digging out from the latest snow storm and temp is now -12 C. Next storm arrives tomorrow:(

G1, CV 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar @ f/5.6 ISO 100

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, It is nice to be out of the snow and to have sunshine. I do envy you having the LTM to G1 adapter. I can't wait till I get my adapter. Keep the G1 shots coming.

peterb

Shot today after a Blizzard last night on Cape Cod. And, yes, it's in color.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

peterb

SCHO, nice rodent! The 45-200mm really sings a lot better than I'd heard. And, like you, I was also hammered by the blizzard. But you really should go out. The G1 is hardier than you think!

Cindy, lovely cacti (or is it cactus). A nice break from the icicles and slush I faced today.

Here are two more from today. Enjoy.

Peter

Last edited:

scho

SCHO, nice rodent! The 45-200mm really sings a lot better than I'd heard. And, like you, I was also hammered by the blizzard. But you really should go out. The G1 is hardier than you think!

Cindy, lovely cacti (or is it cactus). A nice break from the icicles and slush I faced today.

Here are two more from today. Enjoy.

Peter
Hi Peter, Nice shots from the cape - one of my favorite places to be, but not during a blizzard:) I'll probably get out with the G1 for awhile tomorrow before the next clipper arrives.
Regards,
Carl

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Peterb, I love to look at the beautiful snow scenes (but I'll stick to cactus...thank you.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:)

Brian Mosley

Carl, that's a scary comparison!

Probably worth seeing some more - hard to believe how well the G1 is doing :bugeyes:

Kind Regards

Brian

Terry

Wow Carl....

I was planning to wait and see how I did with the CV and Leica lenses on my G1 one but I'm getting convinced that I now will have the perfect travel kit (where photography is the purpose). For other travel, I would cut back on a few lenses.
1 M8 and CV12, 21 Elmarit, 28 Cron, 50 Lux, 75 Cron
1 G1 with the two Panny Lenses and the 20mm f1.7

This gives me a backup body that can use some of the same lenses and coverage from 16-100 on the M8 and from 24 (with the 12) to 400mm on the G1. Fast at 40, 42, 56, 100 and 150 on the G1. Seems like a very versatile kit to me.

Last edited: