The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

so Brian... is the blocking out of shadow detail a function of the 20mm 1.7 or an aesthetic decision? I've found the EPL-1's processor provides a surprisingly good dynamic range...*

* or is it just smoke and mirrors I am witnessing?

cheers Hudson
Hi Hudson,

do you find 'blocking out of shadow detail' unpleasant in my work?

If you can highlight a particularly bad example, perhaps I could send you the raw file and would appreciate your rendition?

Kind Regards

Brian

Y.B.Hudson III

yehh, Brian...

I'm not assigning values to aesthetic decisions. I'm just exploring the possibilities and limitations of the tools we use.

cheers Hudsons

Brian Mosley

Well, as I said - just let me know which image really is so bad and I'll send you the raw file... if it's a processing problem, hopefully you can steer me in a better direction :D

Cheers

Brian

Michiel Schierbeek

Well, as I said - just let me know which image really is so bad and I'll send you the raw file... if it's a processing problem, hopefully you can steer me in a better direction :D

Cheers

Brian
Hi Brian,

As you might know, only very special C-mount lenses, found by a very limited few, can reveal the details in the shadow you might not have been even aware off. :eek: :deadhorse: :ROTFL:

Michiel

Brian Mosley

E-PL1 + PL 14-150mm f3.5-5.6
1/250s f/5.6 at 64.0mm iso200

1/500s f/5.6 at 150.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

1/125s f/8.0 at 55.0mm iso200

1/640s f/5.6 at 24.0mm iso200

1/250s f/8.0 at 125.0mm iso200

1/800s f/5.6 at 80.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

M

mattlazz

Fantastic perspective on that bridge shot.
Thanks. It's called the Simcoe Wavefront, an art installation on Toronto's waterfront. Interesting piece, though whether it's worth the $5 million price tag the city paid for it, is certainly debatable:rolleyes:

Jonas

From a walk, the processing suffer from the very flat light making me overcook it. But a "new" lens needs to be tried:

regards,

/Jonas

Brian Mosley

Hi Devon, looks like more people than ever are into photography! the P&S form factor is certainly popular.

From my walk this morning, pretty foggy up here so I took to the woods.

E-PL1 + mZD 14-42mm f3.5-5.6L
1/13s f/5.0 at 14.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian