The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Jorgen, love the last two (especially the bokeh in your last) shots... brilliant, and Carl this is wonderful too.

Thanks everyone, for making this thread so much fun!

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian. I shivered when I looked at your nice summit image with the snow.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Brian. I went to the Motor Show specifically to try out the GH1, get to know it and learn what the limitations are. I have a very long way to go with this camera, but mostly I'm impressed. Some of the OM Zuiko lenses are exceptionally good, and the 50/2 macro is one of the best lenses I've ever used. It has everything: speed, sharpness bokeh. I wish I could afford the 90/2 as well.

PeterB666

Surfin' Bird - first attempt as photographing surfers. Olympus E-P1 with Panasonic 45-200mm set at 200mm and cropped quite a bit.

Not the best composition in the world, but I like it...

CPWarner

A couple images from a trip to Washington DC this past week. I ended up using my Panasonic 7-14 and 14-45mm a lot. However, my 90mm F2.8 Contax did get used a couple of times.

Cliff

Brian Mosley

Beautiful shots Cliff, thanks for sharing.

From earlier this evening... allotments on the outskirts of Sheffield.

E-PL1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/250s f/8.0 at 57.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great photos from Washington, Cliff :thumbup:

I did some food shots today. The GH1 is excellent for the purpose with the articulated screen and live view.

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro @ f/16 (I think)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Largest Cruise ship in the world "Oasis", following her baby sister "Independence of the Seas" out of Ft Lauderdale harbor"

G1 with 45-200 kit zoom

Keith

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Largest Cruise ship in the world "Oasis", following her baby sister "Independence of the Seas" out of Ft Lauderdale harbor"

G1 with 45-200 kit zoom

Keith
WOW! Very impressive shot and ships!

Here's more from the sea:

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro @ f/16

scho

We took a walk through the swamp at Sapsucker Woods after lunch today. Lots of skunk cabbage coming through, but no false hellebore yet. Nice reflection in one of the small ponds along the way. Used the G1-IR with my favorite Contax G 35mm f/2 lens.

Brian Mosley

From our hike today...

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/800s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/1250s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/2500s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

And one from my son...

E-PL1 + mZD 14-42mm f3.5-5.6L
1/500s f/8.0 at 24.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

Asparagus

Panasonic G1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV
ISO 100 @ f/9 @ 1/60 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

J

Jamesmd

I'm starting to love this little camera .

some times I wonder if I need the FF and all the lenses :confused:
I bought it to have a take around camera , but I bet I'll start buying lenses for it :deadhorse:

EP1 kit lens at 42mm , 0.7 ev iso 200 f8 1/320

scho

Couple of shots from a woodland walk today with the E-P2+Contax CZ 45/2 Planar. The woods still look barren without the deciduous canopy and only the evergreen hemlocks and small wetland plants add touches of green here and there.