Site Sponsors
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161
Results 8,001 to 8,009 of 8009

Thread: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

  1. #8001
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Love this!

    It would be very interesting to see a comparison between the Zuiko 150/2 and the PL 200/2.8.
    Absolutely ! But I'm unlikely to buy a PL 200/2.8 any time soon.
    Bart ...
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #8002
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,217
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Absolutely ! But I'm unlikely to buy a PL 200/2.8 any time soon.
    I fully agree, the 2.8/200 is a too much speciality lens! Same is actually true for the 2/200 Fuji X lens, too much speciality lens and too expensive.

    The Olympus 4/300 sits actually at the boarder for me WRT price/performance and what one really needs - especially for such a small sensor.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #8003
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    3,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Absolutely ! But I'm unlikely to buy a PL 200/2.8 any time soon.
    Put the 1.4x TC on the 150/2 and you got a superb 210/2.8.
    Good enough for me.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #8004
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2315

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I fully agree, the 2.8/200 is a too much speciality lens! Same is actually true for the 2/200 Fuji X lens, too much speciality lens and too expensive.

    The Olympus 4/300 sits actually at the boarder for me WRT price/performance and what one really needs - especially for such a small sensor.
    The 150/2 is a specialty lens too, which is why it would be nice to see them compared. The price of a used 150/2 plus a used E-M1 II is similar to a new PL 200/2.8, so it's a relevant comparison. The advantage for me going for an E-M1/150mm would be that I still have the PL 14-50mm in 4/3 mount, a lens that nowadays also works best on E-M1 bodies.

    Hmmm... we'll see what happens tomorrow and at Photokina
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #8005
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,217
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The 150/2 is a specialty lens too, which is why it would be nice to see them compared. The price of a used 150/2 plus a used E-M1 II is similar to a new PL 200/2.8, so it's a relevant comparison. The advantage for me going for an E-M1/150mm would be that I still have the PL 14-50mm in 4/3 mount, a lens that nowadays also works best on E-M1 bodies.

    Hmmm... we'll see what happens tomorrow and at Photokina
    I hear you Jorgen! And I understand your desires. But in your case I would be careful with Olympus EM1 or EM1.2, as you seem not to get easy friends with their menu implementation ....

    I for myself have found I want to start again and spend my budget on FF (mirrorless) and so the next few days will show hopefully a lot of possibilities.

    Nikon - several advantages as well known operation and a great Z-mount
    Panasonic - if that L-mount is coming true and is as flexible as I anticipate and hope (usability of M glass without too much IQ loss) then that would be obviously my thing
    Sony - if they finally decide to make their bodies larger that would be a perfect system for me
    Canon - if they decide to get rid of their unacceptable 4K implementations that could also become interesting

    So yes, tomorrow is really one of these days .....
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #8006
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I hear you Jorgen! And I understand your desires. But in your case I would be careful with Olympus EM1 or EM1.2, as you seem not to get easy friends with their menu implementation ....

    I for myself have found I want to start again and spend my budget on FF (mirrorless) and so the next few days will show hopefully a lot of possibilities.

    Nikon - several advantages as well known operation and a great Z-mount
    Panasonic - if that L-mount is coming true and is as flexible as I anticipate and hope (usability of M glass without too much IQ loss) then that would be obviously my thing
    Sony - if they finally decide to make their bodies larger that would be a perfect system for me
    Canon - if they decide to get rid of their unacceptable 4K implementations that could also become interesting

    So yes, tomorrow is really one of these days .....
    The latest news has it that ... (L4) Sigma rumored to develop a new L mount camera too!
    Bart ...
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #8007
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,217
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    If FF that would indeed be interesting ....

  8. #8008
    Member marlof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    All I want is something to replace my EM1.1 to use with the bigger pro lenses I have (12-40; 40-150; 25). I donít use them much but when I do I prefer a camera with a nice grip. And I do find that Olympus cameras match Olympus lenses best, as do Panasonic lenses with Panasonic bodies. I never fell in love with the EM1 but still decided to skip one generation because I use it so little. But I donít expect Olympus to make an announcement soon.

    For all other purposes, I hope my Pen-F with tiny Olympus premium lenses and GX9 with assorted Panasonic lenses have eternal life. I feel zero need to upgrade anything there.

    Although... Iíd love an update to the old O45, to fit the other metal premium lenses. They can keep the optical formula unchanged. How snobbish is it that Iíd pay money for that?

  9. #8009
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2315

    Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

    Dhaka taxi.

    GX8 with Samyang 50mm f/1.2


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •