The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

barjohn

There is another way to do it using the keyboard but I am not familiar with it. This is NOT a safari feature, it is part of the Mac screen interface. With the finder menu go to help and type zoom and you will be given the various methods.

back alley

Joe, using Safari, if you go to post #407, click on one of the images. You'll get a window that shows up with the image, and a "Go" box. Click on the image (don't click on Go.) The image will show in Safari, the cursor will be a + sign. Click on the image again to zoom in; click again to zoom out. It won't zoom if your window/display has more than enough pixels, like if you have a 30" Apple Cinema. :)
cool!

simonclivehughes

Simon the second one is worth framing. Nice capture
Simon great shots and beautiful B&W conversion.
Thanks, gents. I'm really finding this camera a gas! As I mentioned, I now have two bodies and carrying them around is just so easy with their light weight and small size. The image quality, as we are all seeing, is just superb.

John, I'm using Nik Silver Efx Pro for my B&W conversions. It has such a wealth of templates from which to start as well as very comprehensive (and subtle if you desire it) control.

Ciao,

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In pure envy over all your nice G1 shots, I just had to go back through some old E-1 images. Here's one from Poipet in Cambodia, around two years ago.

E-1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8, @ f/4 or 5.6

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I went to another collector car auction today and took the G1 with the Oly 50 f/2 macro. These are some detail shots.

Terry

Cindy, those look great. Next year I will have to check out the car shows. I'm not a car freak but I think these detail shots are a lot of fun!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Terry and Brian.
These were handheld using the "Vivek" method at waist level. I used the viewfinder only when the sun was blinding (as the Arizona sun can be.) Some of the cars were under a tent and some were out in the sun.

That Oly 50 f/2 is a wonderful lens for details.

Terry, maybe you can join me next year for a day at Barrett-Jackson. It is really fun.

jonoslack

Cindy
Fab Car shots - really good
Simon
Great black and white
Jorgen - resistance is useless, I'd have thought this camera was pretty much made for your street stuff.

Now I've got to get mine back from Tim!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen - resistance is useless, I'd have thought this camera was pretty much made for your street stuff.

Now I've got to get mine back from Tim!
It seems to be just what I need. Still not available here though, not to speak about the big, empty hole in my bankbook :(

scho

I went to another collector car auction today and took the G1 with the Oly 50 f/2 macro. These are some detail shots.
Cindy, Wow! Gorgeous detail shots. That Oly 50 f/2 macro seems to be very sharp and yields beautiful tonality on the G1.

Regards,
Carl

Diane B

Terrific shots Cindy. Like Terry, I'm not a big car fan, but occasionally go to a car show with my husband. Last time I was not photographically interested enough to take anything but a G9, but will have my G1 in tow next time (esp. for the classic car shows). Love the lens on the G1.

Diane

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Klaus, Jono, Carl and Diane.
If anyone is looking for a sharp macro lens for the G1, the 50 f/2 Oly macro fits the bill. It balances nicely on the G1. I took it to the car auction along with the 12mm CV helier and had a nice, light, quality kit.

V

Vivek

Nice shots Cindy. I think the 50/2 is probably too much for the G1.

Here is one (a crop) with a 0.7X wide converter on the kitzoom (set to 14mm).