The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

V

Vivek

Thanks, Brian. That one was shot using the 35/1.2 (Canon c-mount, machine vision lens) stopped down a bit (~f/2.8 or f/4) as opposed to the aspirin shot (f/1.2).

Brian Mosley

A bit overcast today, so I took to the woods :)

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7 (handheld)
1/15s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7 (gorillapod SLR zoom)
1/4s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

PeterB666

The kit lenses that come with the G1, GF1 and E-P1 are indeed great lenses and the images from these cameras can be stunning. I don't know how much of it comes down to the lenses, I suspect it is more that in-camera digital processing has improved out of sight.

Here are a couple of comparision shots taken with a 55 year old Schneider 40mm f/1.9 lens and the Panasonic 45-200 zoom set 45mm.

Schneider...

Panasonic

W

wblynch

If could be the auto-focus versus manual but the Schneider looks way nicer with the plant details in the lower edges.

The 45-200 does look good but I prefer the 55 y/o 40 1.9.

m_driscoll

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian: Beautiful photographs. The composition, color and detail are exceptional. I especially like the waterfall shot. That lens is in transit to me for delivery tomorrow. It seems to be a great fit for your E-P1. My daughter gave me a gorillapod for Christmas. At the time, it didn't seem useful for a D700. I'll have to try it with the GF1. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Gio

Some fun with my E-330:
the first during a rest after a walk in crete, the second before the ride in the ferris wheel.
regards
johannes

Lili

Love these shots Brian.
Very crisp work one the first despite lack of IS
BTW, how to do you like the Zuiko 17/2.8?

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Love these shots Brian.
Very crisp work one the first despite lack of IS
BTW, how to do you like the Zuiko 17/2.8?
Thanks Lili, the E-P1 provides In Body Image Stabilisation - which makes it a great combination with this lens.

The 17mm f2.8 suffers from the same problem which besets all other m4/3rds lenses to varying degrees... an over reliance on software correction for distortion/CA.

This is why I'm so excited about the 20mm f1.7 - the software correction is a nice addition, rather than a basic necessity.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

From a darker part of the woods... handheld with the 20mm f1.7

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
0.77s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Developed from raw using latest beta version of Bibble Pro 5.

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

It may have IBIS, but it took several 10'ths of a second longer to lock focus on that tree! :ROTFL::ROTFL: :deadhorse::deadhorse: :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cheers, and I always take it as a compliment :D

Brian

V

Vivek

Re: IS

Ya see, he's at it again - "mine's got in body IS and yours hasn't, so there" :p
I like the image too by the way Brian or should I say Brain like Vivek does? :D
It (name) was a honest typo. :eek:

In Brian's case though, even the mangled name does not sound offensive, so I left it without a corrigendum.