The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

DonParrot

Buh!

Unfortunately my Bearcoat Shar Pei McEnroe isn't sharp here as I didn't expect him to appear in the picture but I love this shot as he's flying by as if he wants to give the other two the shock of their lives.

m_driscoll

Stephen,

Very nice images. If I could ask: what focal length and aperture were the owl shots made at? Not many MFT "nature" photos posted. The 280mm effective of this lens and the 600mm effective of the future panny lens has some potential. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

slau

Stephen,

Very nice images. If I could ask: what focal length and aperture were the owl shots made at? Not many MFT "nature" photos posted. The 280mm effective of this lens and the 600mm effective of the future panny lens has some potential. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank you, Matt.

Both shots were taken with the lens wide open. It was after sunset and I was shooting under the soft light for landscape. Actually I was shooting with my Canon 1DMk3 + 24-105L. All of a sudden the owl appeared from no where and I think we actually surprised each other. I dropped my Canon and started shooting with my GH1 fast and moving to the owl very very slowly (indirect approach + stop-and-go) from over 15 ft away. My Canon long tele was in the car and I did not want to take the chance to go back to my car. The owl was very 'friendly' to allow me to get within 6 ft but he was watching me very closely. I paid lots attention to his body movement to avoid too much stress on him. I think both shots are uncropped. The EXIF of those two shots are:

1/6s f/5.8 at 91.0mm iso1000
1/10s f/5.8 at 140.0mm iso1000

I should add that both shots were taken with my camera mounted on tripod, and used the 2 sec timer to minimize camera shake.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Beautiful silhouettes! thanks for sharing...

From Hope this afternoon.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/500s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Beautiful silhouettes! thanks for sharing...

From Hope this afternoon.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/500s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian, when I repatriate myself, I will go to your neck of the woods.

Lovely photographs, and they have played a significant part in my decision to focus on my E-P1

Keith