The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

m_driscoll

"Animal Act: Amazing Trained Felines"

The cats are doing a very convincing job of looking bored. They sit on the perch; he pets them; people talk to him and give him money to "support the cats". ???? Seattle's Pike Place Market. Cheers.

GH1; 45-200mm; 175mm; 1/250s @ f/5.4: ISO 125

I

Infrared-IR

'Open'...

Lumix G1 14~45mm 'Open' sign's shadow projected onto 'mostly closed' blinds:

Joan

Wow, you all inspire me, wonderful stuff everyone!

Here's a few from last weekend with G1 and my new 14-140. Apalachicola, Florida. Mid day light, so nothing too special, but I had fun playing with it.

Diane B

Nice Joan. I like Appalachicola area--we were there just prior to TDay last year--froze. We didn't expect it to get below freezing and one morning I went out to shoot the shrimpers with gloves, fleece jacket, sweater, etc.--and David actually went back to the car LOL--and we're used to cold weather.

The 14-140 looks as though its quite nice on the G1 also. Did you consider getting the GH1 and selling the G1--or did you just decide to stick with the G1 and buy the additional lens? (I guess LOL).

Diane

Joan

Thanks, Diane. Yep, decided to go with the "one lens solution" for ease of grab and go! I have no real interest in video, so was fine with just getting the lens for my G1. Got a pretty good deal on it on eBay from a guy who bought the GH1 and had no use for the lens.

Apalachicola is a very cool little town! Despite living here in Tallahassee for over 10 years, this was our first visit. Had lunch in a neat little place ("Tamara's Bistro" or Tamara's Cafe" - one or the other, lol). We went out to the estuarine labs nature preserve, but didn't see any animals or birds beyond a few squirrels and a crow or two. The light was really flat, so not good for photography but a fun walk around on the boardwalk that goes out over the marshes. Definitely want to go back.

Rick Waldroup

Matt, the shot of the cats just cracked me up because it reminded me of a cat we owned a few years ago. He looked just like the cat standing up in your shot. I hated that cat....

Many years ago, my wife came home with a new kitty. I dubbed him Darth Vadar. He hated me. Whenever the wife was gone, he became the feline from hell.

One day, when my wife went shopping, I threw his silly *** out the door. I stood there and laughed at him through the window.

Later that day, after my wife returned and let him back in, I went to get in my new, two-day old truck. The little freak had taken a dump right on the hood of my new truck. He knew exactly what he was doing.

From that day on, it was WW III between he and I. If ever there was a cat with nine lives, it was him. I know. I tried killing him on many occasions, but to no avail. He would always show back up, laugh at me as he walked in the house and then he would promptly plant his fat butt in my wife's lap. She drooled and cooed over that cat like a baby. All the while, he sat there looking at me defiantly, mocking me.

There were times I actually thought about strangling him with my bare hands, but I was worried it might freak the children out.

The day he died of natural causes, I threw a party in my head. Only I, was invited to dance the dance of the victorious. While others around me wept, I sat there with a maniacal grin on my face, much like Anthony Perkins at the end of the movie "Psycho". My wife knew what I was thinking and she never forgave me for the way I treated Mr. Snuggles.

R.I.P in you little bastard.

DonParrot

Matt, the shot of the cats just cracked me up because it reminded me of a cat we owned a few years ago. He looked just like the cat standing up in your shot. I hated that cat....

Many years ago, my wife came home with a new kitty. I dubbed him Darth Vadar. He hated me. Whenever the wife was gone, he became the feline from hell.

One day, when my wife went shopping, I threw his silly *** out the door. I stood there and laughed at him through the window.

Later that day, after my wife returned and let him back in, I went to get in my new, two-day old truck. The little freak had taken a dump right on the hood of my new truck. He knew exactly what he was doing.

From that day on, it was WW III between he and I. If ever there was a cat with nine lives, it was him. I know. I tried killing him on many occasions, but to no avail. He would always show back up, laugh at me as he walked in the house and then he would promptly plant his fat butt in my wife's lap. She drooled and cooed over that cat like a baby. All the while, he sat there looking at me defiantly, mocking me.

There were times I actually thought about strangling him with my bare hands, but I was worried it might freak the children out.

The day he died of natural causes, I threw a party in my head. Only I, was invited to dance the dance of the victorious. While others around me wept, I sat there with a maniacal grin on my face, much like Anthony Perkins at the end of the movie "Psycho". My wife knew what I was thinking and she never forgave me for the way I treated Mr. Snuggles.

R.I.P in you little bastard.
Please don't misunderstand this as an offense but I must say that this sounds rather insane to me. Hey - it was just an cat. Probably you were the one who hated him from day one and he just reacted. Because that's what animals do. React. Other then humans they don't hate anybody for no reason. They just want to live their lives.

Rick Waldroup

Please don't misunderstand this as an offense but I must say that this sounds rather insane to me. Hey - it was just an cat. Probably you were the one who hated him from day one and he just reacted. Because that's what animals do. React. Other then humans they don't hate anybody for no reason. They just want to live their lives.
I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

I can assure that I never tried to kill a cat....:thumbup:

However, the part about the cat taking a dump on my truck is very true.:D

Last edited:

Terry

Hi Joan,
Glad the 14-140 is working out. It is rather convenient! This lens plus the fast 20mm is a great combo for all four of the m4/3 bodies. So people think it is big for the GF1/Pen but I just hold it by the lens and all is OK.

Joan

Hi Terry,
Thanks, I am really pleased with it. I don't feel like I've taken an IQ hit at all by swapping the 14-45 and 45-200 for it. It is a little bulkier on the camera, but just like you, I was holding the lens cradled in my left hand when walking around and hardly noticed it. Love being able to zoom from fairly wide to tele without having to change lenses. Lazy me!:D

Now I just have to decide which will be my next acquisiton when I have saved up some money - the 45 macro or maybe the little Olympus 9-18 when it comes out. (Or a GF1 body to go with the 20, would like that, too!)

RichA

One weird looking environment

Ontario was described by Reichman of Luminous Landscape as being "unphotogenic" in Winter so most of us shoot in the summer months. Outside the cities, Ontario Canada is mostly coniferous forests. This is an example of unusual terrain not seen much.
The Badlands in Cheltenham. G1 with kit lens.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: One weird looking environment

Ontario was described by Reichman of Luminous Landscape as being "unphotogenic" in Winter so most of us shoot in the summer months. Outside the cities, Ontario Canada is mostly coniferous forests. This is an example of unusual terrain not seen much.
The Badlands in Cheltenham. G1 with kit lens.
Only 45 mins from my house, and I knew nothing about it. Starting to pack a picnic

Thanks Rich

Keith

Diane B

That would NEVER cross my mind as being in Ontario. No context (or is that a human back on the upper left?) to know what these are actually like--but they sure are interesting.