The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Terry

Thanks everyone,
As soon as I converted it to B&W I got really excited. My printer will finally arrive in San Francisco sometime in December and this one is definitely on the list to print.

JCT

That is stunning-- the sort of shot I would only think about attempting with my D700 or LF (long exposures of water), great to see what the gear can do in the right hands.

And now I'm homesick for my misspent youth in the Bay Area.

It's going to make a beautiful print, Terry.

JT

swandy

Probably one of my favorites from the EP1 - shot with the Oly 14-54 MKII lens and adapter. (I REALLY with that Oly would release a version of this HG lens or the 12-60 for the m4/3 format!!!)
Thanks for looking,
Steve

Tullio

Sunset today at the Sutro Baths

GH1 w/ 14-140
32mm f8 8 seconds (amazing the people stood still!)

Gorgeous photo, Terry. Well done! I've seen some amazing shots from the GH1. I read in other forums that the GH1 has a different sensor than the G1 (apparently larger?!? - I always thought the m4/3 Pana system used the same sansor).

Sirfishalot

Here are a few of my first shots from adapted lenses on my GF1.
Included are wide open samples from Pentax FA*80-200/2.8, FA*24/2 &Tokina 90/2.5 macro.

JayT

kirio

I've missed visiting this thread for a while... Lots of beautiful images.

Here are a few from a Sunday visit to Napa. Taken with Oly E-P1 + Pany 14-140mm

and one from the previous Sunday in Yountville:

Have a great Thanksgiving week everyone and keep the photos coming!

Brian Mosley

That looks great Rafael, just waiting to download the full size pic for a good look!

Not much light here today, I'm afraid... still - doing my best :)

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/30s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

...and another one - must get back when the light improves.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/250s f/2.2 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Recently received the Novoflex Nikon - M43 adapter...must be improved from those previously mentioned as all of my Nikors fit and it is not overly tight.

A couple of pics from the 85 1.4

Another 85 1.4 at F2

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
These are a little longer with the 300 F4

Inside

Outside through a metal fence visible as out of focus blur at bottom quarter of capture.

Bob

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
That looks great Rafael, just waiting to download the full size pic for a good look!

Not much light here today, I'm afraid... still - doing my best :)

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/30s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

...and another one - must get back when the light improves.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/250s f/2.2 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian - very evocative pictures of the English countryside - so colourful and sharp. Makes me want to move back home.

I have the Oly 17mm/2.8. Is it worth me getting the Panasonic 20mm? - you are producing wonderful images with it.

Keith

Brian Mosley

Hi Keith,

I'm just revisiting some 17mm f2.8 raw files with Capture One 5 PRO, and with the 'Analyze' CA correction option and distortion correction, I'm much happier with it... however, the 20mm f1.7 is beautifully sharp and has fairly negligible distortion/CA.

In short, yes - I'm very happy with the 20mm f1.7...

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Hi Godfrey,

I'm not sure that square framing works too well for this one... it feels too 'tall' - nice capture though.

It seems improved by cropping a little off the top.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

Terry

Hi Godfrey,
I like this and I'm not usually one for selective color. Here it really makes the shot. Was this all (or mostly) done in Lightroom by with the brush tool?