The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

I like it a lot. Wow--how different from viewing on my laptop screen a bit ago and now on my calibrated monitor. It was very nice but now I'd raise that 'very nice' up a notch for sure.

Diane

Rick Waldroup

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks about the shot. This is at the Blanton Art Museum in Austin, Texas. I processed it through Lightroom (which Godfrey turned me onto over a year ago) and then ran it through Silver Efex for the B&W conversion, from which I then added a "coffee" tone to it.

peterb

Caught last week with my trusty G1 and standard lens. Some lucky soul fleeing Baltimore (like the Mayor?). Enjoy.

Last edited:

hodad66

Yet another shot of my cat Nala BUTT this time

using my new / old Canon FD 300mm 2.8 on the Cirrus adapter.
It was overcast, getting late and I was shooting with a monopod.

All in all I think that this whole legacy lens thing is going to be fun!!

D

Devon Shaw

Just flew into Virginia from California to visit colleges.
E-P1 with 17mm f/2.8 at 1/2500s f/3.2 iso100

Godfrey

Waiting For A Plane

Panasonic G1 + Olympus ZD 25mm f/2.8
ISO 400 @ f/2.8 @ 1/40 second

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend but couldn't go for various reasons ... but I've got airport duty to deal with anyway, which brought this photo back to mind as I worked yesterday.

Comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
That's quite lovely, Keith! Great light and a beautiful layering and depth to the vista of the city in the background.
Thanks Godfrey

The best way to get these images is of course from a ship. The long range from the zoom helps. The ships always leave in late afternoon, so you always get good and dramatic light. But, when you look at the raw images, they don't look exciting, it's only after processing that you can uncover the treasures.

I love this idea of "sfumato", or creating distance by showing layers of different grey levels. The telephoto lens really helps to do this. In this case the layers are not grey, but I think the idea is still relevant. This light also puts highlights on the top of the hills, which also helps with the sense of distance.

Keith

Brian Mosley

Re: Waiting For A Plane

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend but couldn't go for various reasons ... but I've got airport duty to deal with anyway, which brought this photo back to mind as I worked yesterday.
That's very pretty Godfrey - lovely toning.

Cheers

Brian