The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Rich M

This thread is really impressing and inspirational.

One from my first day with G1 and 20/1.7. It's basically a test shot, but I like how it turned out. :) It's a JPG straight from camera, only resized.

My goodness Helena........what a beautiful capture. Keep shooting!!!

R

Mike Woods

More with the E-P1. I love this camera for its portability, and it means I'm taking more pics now, which must be a good thing? :D

Regards
Mike

Tullio

Great pictures!!! Mike, I really like the shot of the gate...awesome colors! You guys can post much quicker than I can comment! This thread is indeed inspirational!

Mike Woods

Tullio and Lisa - Many thanks for your comments.

Lisa - the detail in those is amazing! I don't have that lens yet but it's on my wish list. Can I ask what aperture you used for these?

Mike

Brian Mosley

I had a nice walk in the woods on Boxing Day, took the E-620 + ZD 14-54mkII for a change, a lovely combination of power and portability... all developed from raw using DxO Optics Pro v6 - very impressed with the image quality with no fuss.

I adjusted the shadow richness and reduced for web using Lightzone.

E-620 + ZD 14-54mkII
1/40s f/5.6 at 54.0mm iso200

1/15s f/5.6 at 14.0mm iso200

1/40s f/5.6 at 14.0mm iso200

1/20s f/5.6 at 36.0mm iso200

Merry Christmas!

Brian

Amin

a few from today and the EP2 and Lumix 20 1.7
Lisa, those are gorgeous. What a beautiful place. Was there a strong wind in the first photo, or did the tree just fall that way?

Brian, love the last one. Makes me feel cold though!

Here's one from yesterday with the GH1 and Lumix 7-14, ISO 1000, 7mm, 1/30s, f/5:

Diane B

I haven't visited this thread for a good while. Just too many really lovely photos to comment on all--but consider that you all have given me pleasure to view. Just really nice shots all.

Diane

LisaR

Thanks all for the kind comments. :)

Mike these were all at 2.8

Amin, the tree is that way because it is on the bluff right on the coast and the winds that blow in off the ocean have made it grow that way, it was not windy when I was there though.

I

Infrared-IR

Decided to correct the perspective distortion in the above shot:

Looks nice but you lose a lot of the angle view in the correction. I 'expect' super wide angles to stretch things...think I like the uncorrected version better.

Cheers...