The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Leica 77

Hello Cindy,
Many thanks for your positive feedback! So called "Olympus Blue" has attracted me to the Olympus DSLR cameras and lenses. Polarizing filters can really bring out the Olympus Blue, however, I forgot to take one of these to my walk on the beach. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Haven't posted here in a while, since I don't have an Olympus anymore, but here's an oldie from Manila 2006.

E-1 with Zuiko 14-45 @ 45mm and f/8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nah... one more can't hurt, can it? Not completely sharp, this one, but I c]kind of like the mood :)

E-1 with Zuiko 14-45 @ 45mm and f/9.0

Michiel Schierbeek

Jorgen, very nice serie from Manilla, also the last one, has a very beautifull (old fashioned) feel to it.
And Leica77 nice spatial coastline!

Here is one from today. On the Damsquare in Amsterdam.
Michiel

G1 + Olympus 9-18

Leica 77

Hello Michiel,
There must be some architectural restoration work being done at the Damsquare. The nice lighting on the white material on the builing brings out the classic design of the building. Having the horse in the foreground produces a fine spatial perspective. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Michiel Schierbeek

I did hestitate to post this one, also from yesterday, because it looks sort of clumpsy. It was shot through a blue sun glassed and very dirty window on the third floor of a bookshop. Lots of reflections too. Actually you can see someone reading a book.
Somehow it reminds me of an old postcard.
Michiel

G1 + Olympus 9-18

Leica 77

Hello Michiel,
Another interesting image of your city in Europe. For those of us living in the U.S., some of us are always curious about your part of the world. My very good friends were in Holland last week and now they are traveling in Ireland. Street-scape photos are always fun. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Diane B

Hello Michiel,
Another interesting image of your city in Europe. For those of us living in the U.S., some of us are always curious about your part of the world. My very good friends were in Holland last week and now they are traveling in Ireland. Street-scape photos are always fun. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
I agree--its one of the things I love about forums like this one with lots of global members.

It interested me also that you shot with 9-18 as I haven't used mine too often yet.

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

I agree--its one of the things I love about forums like this one with lots of global members.

It interested me also that you shot with 9-18 as I haven't used mine too often yet.

Diane
For architecture and landscapes it is a very nice lens, although I find it quiet difficult to photograph people with it. The wider the lens the harder to frame, for me. Like the horse on the Damsquare, I was very close. Just can't do it with people, only unnoticed, but that is a technique on it's own.

Today I went out for one of my more familiar subjects; the harbour in Amsterdam.
Two different views on the same subject with the same lens. I do not know what I prefer. One at 150 mm and the other at 43 mm.
Michiel

E-3 + 40-150 (old version)

C

CharlieH

I did hestitate to post this one, also from yesterday, because it looks sort of clumpsy. It was shot through a blue sun glassed and very dirty window on the third floor of a bookshop. Lots of reflections too. Actually you can see someone reading a book.
Somehow it reminds me of an old postcard.
Michiel
This image is not unlike some of the city images in an exhibition currently at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. You can read a review and see some of the photos here:

http://artblart.wordpress.com/category/documentary-photography/

Check out ‘Window Reflection - French Building’ by Sherril Schell (American, 1877 – 1964)

Your street scape is much more about the people of course. But your harbour work is much more about the forms.