The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

J

JohnF

High JohnF,
Nice pano from the top of the Empire State Building! We would like to see more :)
How's this one?

:)

There are more...but I have to shrink them down so much! The original is a 310 MB TIFF file, which translates to a 140MB JPEG and in this case, a 1.4MB PNG file that is a mere 1311x515 in size, rather than the 16386x6443 original. :)

Olympus E510, 40-150 kit lens at 150mm for a total of 36 shots, 8x4 panorama, stitched using the Gigapan stitcher, using the Gigapan Epic 100 robotic panorama head, mounted on a Manfrotto monopod with accessory legs (no tripods allowed on the Empire State Building!!!)...

JohnF

PS: What the heck, here's another one, this time in B&W...while it doesn't really look like a panorama, it's a 50+ image gigapan...

V

Vivek

Cindy, Thanks. Are sure you want to part with your Olympus pen F 60/1.5?!

Here is a sample portrait using that (wide open, I should have stopped down a little bit).:)

Diane B

Here is a sample portrait using that (wide open, I should have stopped down a little bit).:)

I like it this way. His eyes--that are so striking--are in focus and what draw one to the photo.

Diane

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Oh.....Wow! I don't want to let it go, but something has to go.
This is a stunning portrait, Vivek. Now, why did you have to do that????:banghead:

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Never been to Fiji, only Hawaii and Tahiti, but it is all beautiful, great light in areas. Love the reflection image, wonderful color and it use in composition. Here are a couple from my Pacific coast trip last week with my newish E-P1.

Leica 77

Never been to Fiji, only Hawaii and Tahiti, but it is all beautiful, great light in areas. Love the reflection image, wonderful color and it use in composition. Here are a couple from my Pacific coast trip last week with my newish E-P1.
Hi Don,
Nice to see your wonderfull images from the Pacific coast! I agree, the isles of Polynesia are indeed very beautiful and peaceful. Thanks. :)

Leica 77

How's this one?

:)

JohnF
Very nice pano, John! Many years ago, I took photos from the top of the Chrysler Building, looking toward the Empire State Building. It also turned out to be a fine vantage point.

Excerpts from Wikipedia:

" ... it was the world's tallest building for 11 months before it was surpassed by the Empire State Building in 1931... Chrysler Building was the world's tallest building from 27 May 1930 to 1931 ... In 2007, it was ranked ninth on the List of America's Favorite Architecture by the American Institute of Architects." :)

Leica 77

Olympus E-330 + Kit Lens. From my first visit to Shanghai three years ago. More recent images of Shanghai appear elsewhere in the Nikon thread.

Diane B

John, even though I dislike Japanese beetles, your second shot is lovely. What lens did you shoot with?? I checked EXIF so I know it was 35mm--maybe the Oly 35 macro?? Very nice, whatever.

We 'smell' and feel like Fall, see a bit of color, but otherwise see a lot of green due to a lot of rain this Summer.

Diane

JBurnett

John, even though I dislike Japanese beetles, your second shot is lovely. What lens did you shoot with?? I checked EXIF so I know it was 35mm--maybe the Oly 35 macro?? Very nice, whatever.
Diane
Thanks, Diane. It was indeed the Olympus 35mm Macro. I've found this to be an excellent lens, and a real bargain. The focal length is a bit short for some macro work, however -- the working distance is much closer than I got used to with my Tamron 90 on an APS-sized sensor. On the other hand, 70mm equivalent is right in a range that I enjoy shooting. When going for a walk, I sometimes just mount the Oly 35 and strike off with it alone. The above pictures were all taken on local walk in the neighbourhood a couple of days ago.

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Leica77 - thanks for your kind comments, after returning back to work, it would be nice to have some of that south pacific calm right now, LOL. Oh well, need to go be productive so I can take another holiday....

Great floral seasonal shots, can't wait for the new Panasonic 45mm macro to come out in the states, so I can try my hand at some also. also love the NYC pano and from Shanghai..

Here are a couple more mono images from my latest trip....some more pic info, the first was in Bodega Bay, Ca, which was where parts of Hitchcocks" The Birds was filmed, shot with the E-P1 and Pany 45-200mm lens, and the second was in Fort Bragg Ca, with same camera but with kit zoom 14-42mm.

Last edited:

Leica 77

Leica77 - thanks for your kind comments, after returning back to work, it would be nice to have some of that south pacific calm right now, LOL. Oh well, need to go be productive so I can take another holiday....

Great floral seasonal shots, can't wait for the new Panasonic 45mm macro to come out in the states, so I can try my hand at some also. also love the NYC pano and from Shanghai..

Here are a couple more mono images from my latest trip....some more pic info, the first was in Bodega Bay, Ca, which was where parts of Hitchcocks" The Birds was filmed, shot with the E-P1 and Pany 45-200mm lens, and the second was in Fort Bragg Ca, with same camera but with kit zoom 14-42mm.
Hi Don,
Beautiful B&W images from your latest travel. Nice shots of Bodega Bay and Fort Bragg. We would like to see more! :)

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Leica77, again many thanks for your kind comments, will have to work on some this weekend and will try to post them soon after. Unfortunately alot of what I shot that vacation was with my 5D2 instead, so I may end up posting some in that forum as well. Take care, hope all have a good weekend and looking forward to seeing lots of your great images here too. Don

hot

Today I made some videos - with Canon SX1 and Lumix GH1 .. look moviecaptures

Canon SX1 - 1920x1080 - 43 Mbps
till 20x zoom, macro till 0 cm to front lens

Lumix GH1 - 1920x1080 - 17 Mbps
till 10x zoom with kit lens