The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

D

Devon Shaw

A few to share from the big snowstorm we've been getting here in the east coast (NYC to be more specific). Braved the cold with my umbrella / GF1 and the wonderful 20 pancake!! This lens is amazing and can resolve tons of detail even wide open. I think the m/43rd sensor just excels on muted colors with not a lot of harsh contrast - it creates such beautiful tones to the images.

Roan :)
Wow Roan these are really beautiful images. We don't get much snow here at all (about once every ten years). I love the stark white and the little bits of color in #1 and #3.
Rather makes me with for that 20mm as well.. though I suppose my 17 will have to do for now.
-Devon

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've posted these in the "Image Sharing" thread, but figure it's worth adding a few here.

GF1-IR + 14-45:

roanjoh

Diane & Devon - thanks for the kind words!!

Jack - beautiful IR shots. I especially love the glow on the sky from the first one.

slau

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm
1/160s f/5.6 at 41.0mm iso100

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic Lumix G 20mm
1/800s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

Brian Mosley

Wow, hodad that's incredible! well done...

Also, the vineyard shot by Jack above is the best advert for the IR conversion yet - I may get my G1 done.

A few from the last couple of days...

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/500s f/2.2 at 20.0mm iso200

Playing with the orton effect...
1/200s f/2.8 at 20.0mm iso200

Normal lightzone processing...
1/500s f/2.2 at 20.0mm iso200

Playing with a version of the lomo effect...
1/80s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso1600

Cheers

Brian

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words on my vineyard shot everyone -- I guess I'll print it up today and see how it looks bigger ;)

Brian, what are you using to generate the special effects? I like the LOMO shot :thumbs:

Hodad: Kudos on the flower shot! The Comiscar looks to be a nice lens!