The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Tullio

Excellent work from everyone.

Brian, you guys are lucky for having such great scenes to photograph in just about every corner. I walk blocks and blocks and all there is are boring houses.

Godfrey

Ah, I thought it looked familiar. It's not anything I have photos of, but I recall seeing it on a trip through that region about a decade and a half ago ... we went to Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs, visited the mines in Castleton, and drove up in the area around Bolsterstone before returning to Nottingham in the evening.

Beautiful country there.

retow

EP2 with Macro Elmar 90, Nr 1&2 and Elmar-C 90 Nr3. Both are very compact, lightweight and fun to use 180mm equiv on the Ep2 The ME is one sharp lens.

Last edited:

harry66

My first post - had the camera for a few weeks but not had time to play.

I think I may overdone the sharpening?

GF1 with 20mm

scho

Shaggy river birch trees along the waterfront. E-P2 with Carl Zeiss 45mm f/2 G lens.

Last edited:

kweide

Last saturday i asked my wife to join me for a shopping day. Just look and feel good, you know....She felt its a very good idea and asked me to carry my creditcard with me... as always..!:)
After probing serveral hundreds of nice shoes, nice handbags, beautiful woman clothes....we finally stopped in front of a, who wonders, photo shop. In their showcase: beautiful tempting and sexy cams.... and a proudly presented fat Nikon... she saw my eyes..and started to say:

"Your fantastic wristwatch has been stolen few days ago. Isn´t it a good idea to fill the gap with such amazing NOMOS Tangomat watch ? And Darling, its even better to wait for the new Olympus Profimodel. "

Okay, here is the final decision:

I love my wife :):D

Helena

Brian, love that shot of Casper! :)

It was a gorgeous winter weather again yesterday, so we went cross country skiing. Here's one shot from G1 + 14-45mm:

I'm really into primes and since I have the Pana 20/1.7 I had more or less forgotten about the kit zoom, but decided to use it yesterday. I have to say that besides the slower apertures I find it just as good as the pancake, and it's so nice and smooth to use.

Diane B

Interesting that there are 2 Casper/Caspars from our UK posters. Is it a common name there? I like it--just don't know any dogs in US named Casper.

Diane

Casper coming in from the garden... at speed ;)

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/1250s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Will

Brian, love that shot of Casper! :)

It was a gorgeous winter weather again yesterday, so we went cross country skiing. Here's one shot from G1 + 14-45mm:

Beautiful shot, I feel like I could ski right into it.

Hilsen fra Will

jonoslack

Interesting that there are 2 Casper/Caspars from our UK posters. Is it a common name there? I like it--just don't know any dogs in US named Casper.

Diane
No Diane - I'm just copying my hero Brian - that's all :ROTFL: :)

Actually, Caspar was the culmination of a family crisis - he was supposed to be called Ripple after a continuum of rock song names for dogs, but our middle son said he'd leave home if we called him Ripple (missed opportunity there :) ). So it ended up being a number of names and a vote - and Caspar was what it was (french name, french dog (from Wales)).

Lots of great shots here everyone . . . I'll be posting again now we have Aperture support . . . . supposing my camera survived it's water experience!

all the best

Tullio

I went skiing with my son in S. Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, there was very little snow blow 5,000 ft. so most of the shots I took were at the summit where the snow parks and ski resorts are located.

As you can see, even at 7,000 ft. there is hardly any snow at the top of this building...

A bit more snow at Camp Richardson's but mainly on the ground (and that's because it's well sheltered from the sun by the trees)

No snow on the sunny side of the stream!

m3photo

Re: Freezing Temperatures

Surprisingly, there was very little snow below 5,000 ft. ...
Picture number one represents a PC version of the saying "would freeze the b***s off a brass monkey": "It was so cold it froze the hands off a wooden clock".

Tullio

Indeed...that place used to be run by the county and had always been well maintained. Now it's privately run and this building is abandoned. A shame, really.